God help us all!

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I was going around the web looking at some of the dealer sites, seller sites, ect.

I found a fair number of these "dealers" are dealers in name only, and a lot of them were so badly done as to be laughable.

Really poor spelling, punctuation, ect.
Terrible "mounting advice" and worse!

So PLEASE if you are a newb, and looking for advice, or a kit to buy, BEWARE!

Spend a little time here and educate yourself, and don't just assume because someone has a website, they know what they are talking about.

Anyone with a few bucks can buy a shipping container of kits, get a website up, and call themselves a "Dealer".

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
And then theres the guy's that take another guy's posting and turn it into something else to fit their own agenda. Joe NEVER mentioned moderators, he was trying to give some solid advice to the new guy's that may or may not know better. If you want to you can start another thread about moderators, but so far I've never had a problem with any of them, on this site anyway. I'm not even close to a moderator but I'll say what they always say. PLEASE try to stay on topic.
Big Red.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
I was going around the web looking at some of the dealer sites, seller sites, ect.

I found a fair number of these "dealers" are dealers in name only, and a lot of them were so badly done as to be laughable.

Really poor spelling, punctuation, ect.
Terrible "mounting advice" and worse!

So PLEASE if you are a newb, and looking for advice, or a kit to buy, BEWARE!

Spend a little time here and educate yourself, and don't just assume because someone has a website, they know what they are talking about.

Anyone with a few bucks can buy a shipping container of kits, get a website up, and call themselves a "Dealer".

"If it ain't broke, and you mess with it long enough, it will be." (Bikeguy Joe.)
That's always been my philosophy. But I just say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Short and sweet.
Big Red.

Last edited:

Mannhouse51

Jun 2, 2011
West Michigan
Gosh the world has changed . I remember 35 years ago working on my dirt bikes , snowmobiles , etc. when all you had to do was go to whatever shop you wanted..pull up a stool , shoot the chit , and get your parts . If you didn't like em , you went somewhere else . Nowadays , if you need something , you stare at this screen and start typing , and most of the time have NO idea who's on the receiving end . Our world has changed .

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
And then theres the guy's that take another guy's posting and turn it into something else to fit their own agenda. Joe NEVER mentioned moderators, he was trying to give some solid advice to the new guy's that may or may not know better. If you want to you can start another thread about moderators, but so far I've never had a problem with any of them, on this site anyway. I'm not even close to a moderator but I'll say what they always say. PLEASE try to stay on topic.
Big Red.
Some people get their jollies being rude to everyone....but it's all good. He's on a little vacation. ;)

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I was just saying, be careful there is a lot of advice out there, both good and bad. Just because it's on the web, doesn't make it true.

Most people will do a little research and find the truth, some will not. The choice is yours.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
I was just saying, be careful there is a lot of advice out there, both good and bad. Just because it's on the web, doesn't make it true.

Most people will do a little research and find the truth, some will not. The choice is yours.
AMEN. Too many scammers and shysters out there.
Big Red.

Joshuacool

Apr 19, 2012
planet eatrh
I find that u get what you pay for 90% of the time. why I deal with pirate and dax. I will not badmouth any vendor but I have to say stay away frm the stinger engine sales rep and spookytooth. just from personal exp. But what one person finds not satisfactory another may have had great service. In short. It's all a crap shoot and a gamble.

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
wow! i was lost trying to read this thread till i saw that a post was pulled.
one of my other forums does something fun instead.
if one is acting beyond asinine, the edit the offenders post to mak it look as he posted something stupid funny that embarasses him. but still keeps the flow of the thread.