Hi all NEED Help I Just Dont Get It

GoldenMotor.com

leroy1128

Dec 7, 2011
jacksonville,Fl
well everyone I'm new to the Bike Scene,And now I'm just so disgusted.. My Bike wont start up anymore, and 2 glorious days now nothing... I have a voltmeter and tested cdi and everything is up to specs, I've replaced Magneto and CDI coil and still nothing. My bike looks so pretty but dat's about it... Could someone Please help me, I dont know of anything left to try.:-||

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
It needs three things to run: Fuel, air and ignition (spark).

Is fuel flowing to the carburetor?

Is the choke open?

Is the spark plug firing?

In you answer no to any of these start looking for reasons why.

Check your wiring carefully. Make sure the white wire isn't touching any metal.
Check your connections. Are you using the kit supplied push-on connectors? We always suggest soldering the splices and protecting with heat shrink tubing. Try disconnecting the kill switch from the circuit. They have been reported to cause problems by many.

Check these and let us know what you find.
Tom

leroy1128

Dec 7, 2011
jacksonville,Fl
It needs three things to run: Fuel, air and ignition (spark).

Is fuel flowing to the carburetor? Yes

Is the choke open? Yes for start up then i pull down when hot

Is the spark plug firing? No, I dont get spark when I lay cap on the engine and pop clutch

I've tried this so far:To check if you are receiving power to the spark plug, follow these simple steps.
1. Remove the spark plug from the cylinder head.
2. Re-attach the spark plug to the spark plug cap.
3. Lay the spark plug on the cylinder head so that the metal of the plug is touching any metal portion of the cylinder head. DO NOT HOLD THE SPARK PLUG OR BOOT BY HAND.
4. With the clutch out, push the bike forward or turn the rear wheel. A bright spark should be visible.
If no spark is visible:
• Double check the connection of the wires, particularly the blue to blue and black to black.
• Check that no particles are lodged between the side and center electrodes of the spark plug.
• Try replacing the spark plug or cleaning it by running sand paper through the side and center electrodes and resetting the gap to 0.038".
• Re-test for spark with the kill switch pressed in. Try feathering the kill switch. Disconnect the white wire completely allowing the wire to hang free, then re-test the engine.
• Magneto Testing - Take a voltmeter or multimeter and adjust it to the Ohms setting at 20k. Ohms measures the resistance across a circuit. Check voltmeter across the following wires:
o Blue wire to the White wire of the magneto. The resistance should be 0.25 to 0.40. New magnetos read 0.31.
o White wire to Black wire should read 0.0.
o Blue wire to Black wire should read close to 0.31.
If your reading is far off from this, then the magneto is to blame for bad spark.
• CDI Testing - Run the voltmeter at the same 20k setting. Check voltmeter across the following wires:
o From the inside of the spark plug boot to the Black wire of the CDI. Your reading should measure 2.0 - 2.7. A new CDI will read 2.3.

My cdi and magneto meets specs. Is there any timing gadgets on these 2 stroke engines?

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Tom covered about everything, try removing the plug boot and cutting off about 1/2 of the cable if possible and reattach the boot. Sometimes the wire in the plug wire will break at that point. You can also replace the wire with a 7mm auto type, it should screw out of the cdi with a little effort.

leroy1128

Dec 7, 2011
jacksonville,Fl
Thanks for the reply, I've noticed the guide you have is a lil different than the one i used earlier, Its getting late for me right now but I'm going to compare my cdi and maneto to these other specs now and see if its still good on my end... Thanks for the quick replys Tom,Greg, and you to Mr fisherman.. I'll hit ya back...

leroy1128

Dec 7, 2011
jacksonville,Fl

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
You can try most of the sponsors on the sides of this forum, You can find parts needed and get good quality parts.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Hi Ron, after trying the cdi and magneto specs of your link. I see that both my cdi and magneto needs to be replaced.. Are there any any good replacement places for those parts? I bought my last defective parts from Lynn at custommotoredbicycles.com: anyone close to the jacksonville area? Thanks again for you guys help>>> Hopefully I'll b riding soon
Buying one from any vendors or off of Ebay is really a crap shot. That is unless you want to spend $50.00 and up. All these parts that you see from vendors and on Ebay are the same Chinese junk and they don't have any control as how they are made. Now after that said, I've only run into 1 defective magneto, and it showed it's ugly head 3 days after instillation. Try to buy from someone that will stand behind the parts longer then getting it to the door. My experience, these along with others won't...BGF and luckyearlybird. Quality stock parts... well that's a JOKE. If you plan on riding for some time, may I suggest buying 2 of each, that way you have spares. I find that if I have a spare, my original lasts :>) and spares gather dust in my garage :>( , but you can sell either one here without any problem.

Last edited:

leroy1128

Dec 7, 2011
jacksonville,Fl
Hi All... I'm Back In Business Finally, I took bike to shop and found out that I had 2 Problems... ! I put new maneto on Backwards, (don't ask) And that the gas I was using was FLAT, Old weed eater gas from from backyard that was sitting to long, Boy I fell like a KLUTZ... Well least I'm Riding Again, THX to you all with the suggestions. LEROY dance1