Front Drum Brake

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
You know there was some talk about installing a coaster brake wheel on the front with a cable pull to activate it. Wouldn't that be similar to a drum brake. I have no idea that is just a guess

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
great blog. you are more then welcome to put a link to it in your signiture. would apreciate one to here also from yours. those are some darn good looking rides(^)

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
I really like the look of the front drum brakes. See pic.

Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Are they significantly better than a vee brake?
:confused:
if you havnt got your drum brakes, look at Husky bikes in the industrial section...everything for 75 dollars...but i believe youll have to change the fork...they have that too...what kind of tank is that...very good looking bike...

Jemma Hawtrey

Dec 29, 2007
Essex, UK
I had a front drum brake on the other bike I had - the one that got stolen...sigh

They are much better in the wet because they dont get wet and retain their braking ability... on this bike I have kevlar brake pads which also dont fade in the wet but they get very grabby...

If I could afford it I would probably go to a Drum/Drum system because I think there are mounts that can convert a coaster brake such as I have to a Drum brake.... which would be a whole lot of useful on the machine I have at the moment...

Jemma xx