BMX friction...

GoldenMotor.com

Bike Monster

Jun 4, 2010
Conneticut
I have a bmx bike and a featherlite weed whacker. i took the weed whacker apart (very simple and easy!) and i have a trick bar/tube that im going to put on it... the question is how should i mount the engine on to the bike??? [with out welding 8(...]
scratg:confused:.kick2

adb140275

Aug 8, 2010
Harrison City, PA
drill holes where rack mounts would be on a bike since a bmx doesnt have em, get some 1/4 in steel bar stock about 1 inch wide, and mount it up. you can figure it out

Bike Monster

Jun 4, 2010
Conneticut
My exact thoughts! lol i was thinking of asking my dad to take it to his work place and put some weld on it in the center... so that way it will have more friction...

Bike Monster

Jun 4, 2010
Conneticut
Actually my dad cant weld, but where he works he can ask one of his friends to do it (probably lol) He is a four slide setup/ tool maker... works for Anstro... and i found the weed whacker at the dump! 8D it has some throttle problems but heck i want some thing to have fun with and not worry about destroying it...
.xx.laffzpt

KiM

May 5, 2010
Australia
If your dad can weld, maybe he can help you put the bike together. Does he know what you did to his weedeater? ;-)
That made me laugh....

Due to lack of fabrication skills and tools, on this occasion perhaps save your money and buy a complete kit, when you have more tools etc then try a custom build?

Best of luck anywayz

KiM

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
If you can get set up for one weeder motor, you can probably find more to stock up with.

The classic weeder bike set up involves a piece of pipe welded to the frame, for a pivot point, a piece of angle iron bolted to that, for a swing arm, a piece of flat plat welded to the swingarm, for an engine mount. Some type of trampoline spring or similar is used to pull the swingarm down for traction between the peg and tire.