whos running the cns carb? who wants jim to make us offset intakes? POST!

GoldenMotor.com

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
well, as some of you know one of our members does a fair amount of quality top CNC machining, why he made the fine straight intake tube attached to my bike at this very moment! HOWEVER.

now that ive switched to the cns carb, all the odd fittings i have cobbled togeather to offset, raise, and level my CNS carburator just look. well, rednecky.

so im wondering, just mabye, if any of you would be interested in buying an offset one from manic mechanic if he would be interested in designing and making a few for us?

Im in, tell me the price jim ;)

skjjoe

Mar 9, 2009
Boerne Texas
im in for sure. i barely got mine to fit. it sure would be nice to not have the air cleaner jammed in there and bent a little

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
Would the SBP low profile air filter work with the CNS carb? If so would that eliminate the need for the offset? I'm thinking about using the CNS with Jim's straight intake and I'm wondering if it will fit.

scratg

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
When i got my cns carb the guy threw in a new (Pretzel) manifold for free i have seen them in the grubee site also, just pressed and welded similar to the std manifold. Billet 1 would be nice!

skjjoe

Mar 9, 2009
Boerne Texas
10.00 from grubee and 13.50 shippinglaff id rather get it from jim if he will make them .I think Norm did some for awhile. Norm you out there?

Last edited:

skipu

Aug 6, 2008
New jersey
im in for sure. i barely got mine to fit. it sure would be nice to not have the air cleaner jammed in there and bent a little
run the short billet intake just have to lower clutch post 1/4" mine works great

Last edited:

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I still make them out of welded steel last couple that that I made were ordered by a couple
of guys they ordered them then never paid for them I still have them. Who ever it was must of forgot about them.

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
i sent jim a pm ill wait and see what he says about a small batch.

on the other hand.... i wonder if i could find a pancake filter to fit it.... hm.
k&n has a pretty comprehensive model listing on their site i might be able to measure and match something up?

Riding Rich

Aug 14, 2009
pa
He could sell a ton of them.
And then Make intake adapters for the different types of carbs people like to use.

Including the PHBG / SHA / MIKUNI

biken stins

Jul 11, 2008
Great idea!
Let him take care of his back orders first before getting him started on something else.

Riding Rich

Aug 14, 2009
pa
I know.

I wish i had the cash to buy some cheap cnc machines.
Id quit my job and make everthing we all dream of.

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
ah. that is the china version lol where is the go in that? **** i bet my ding-dong flows more when its limp. lol

reeds, that would be alight if the engines make up was designed to be. you would get more snap out of a proper pipe tho :)

Riding Rich

Aug 14, 2009
pa
Yes Expansion Chamber First.
Porting and timing 2nd.
Carb and Reeds Last.

The reeds increase the crankcase pressure and the pressure in the cylinder.
The Expansion chamber also increases the pressure in the cylinder.
The average pressure in the cylinder is the defining factor of Horsepower Output.