Franco Morini engines selection

GoldenMotor.com

Abysmo

Nov 1, 2008
Moscow
Hi to everyone from Russia!

I'm planning to install Franco Morini engine on my Merida TFS bike with 22'' frame. Franco Morine produces 2 types of engines I'm particular iterested in - S6-T and S6-S. But I do not know what type to select for my project. S6-S is more powerfull, but I double that it is TOO POWERFULL.

What could you suggest? My weight is 110 kilos :)

Best regards, Alex.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome Alex to the forum, glad you joined us.

There is several members with Morini's, they can answer your question better then I can. Hopefully they will jump in and give you some advice.

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
fairracing31, thank you for an invitation ;)

Hope somebody will answer my question in near future.
I 2nd that! I to would like to get some information from someone who has actually installed one. I am seriously considering one for my next build. Can't decide whether I want to spend the extra $$ for the 5.7 H.P. model, or just get the 3 H.P.

John

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I might be able to answer a few of your questions. If you plan on making a quiet reliable MB, the 3 hp is the way to go. It's the same motor used on the 50cc KTM dirt bikes. A buddy of mine has one and it's quite powerful but the DB levels are lower because of its cast iron cylinder. The 5.8 or higher motors are pretty fun to have. They are a little bit louder especially when it gets on the pipe. Also you can upgrade it to a 9 HP motor. But the bottom line is both motors will last you a long time.
Good luck on your decision.

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
Anyone know where I can find the dimension specs of the Morini's...?
I'm getting the itch to build a chopper with a little more thrill in the horsepower dept. =-]'

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
Yeah saw that,
There are no dimensions of the motor;
even in the morini pdf files.....

I really just need the overall width, like sideways, as to what would fit in between
the pedals more than anything.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
What Pipelyne does is use 135-140mm cranks and use the widest crank bearing assembly. FYI Pipelyne is around 15% cheaper.

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
So what's the width & height of that puppy off hand?
Are there differences between the "T" and the "S" models?
I think I'm going to get one eventually and put it in one of my choppers.

jg767

May 28, 2008
So what's the width & height of that puppy off hand?
Are there differences between the "T" and the "S" models?
I think I'm going to get one eventually and put it in one of my choppers.
"T" stands for trainer, "S" for sport. It's wide enough that I had to use 1" pedal extenders to get proper clearance. The crank arms clear the motor vertically by less than an inch. I have a S6S 9.4 mounted in a 19" frame. .wee. BTW, the "T" is 5.8 hp and has a 2 shoe clutch as opposed to a 3 shoe clutch on the S6S among other things.

Last edited:

spit_fire

Aug 28, 2009
Brampton
hi quick question for jg767 i was reading about your build in anothe thread and at the time you had not ran this bike yet have u giot a chance to rip her yet ???