Stock Z Intake Size

GoldenMotor.com

JaxInsany

May 6, 2013
Portland, OR
Hello all, I was trying to do some bending of the stock Z intake manifold and messed it up something awful (even though I got it red hot it didn't want to bend for me..). I was wondering if anyone knew the size of pipe it's made out of an if it's an easy size to find at a local steelyard or hardware store. Thanks!

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
it's 3/4" O.D. if you're using the stock carb (that's 19mm). To my knowledge the I.D. is either 5/8" or even 1/2" (aluminum molded one is at most 1/2", steel (shiny) is probably 5/8").

My suggestion is make it bigger if you're going to be making one yourself. These engines can barely breathe, you want at least 19mm I.D. if you can. Sadly the stock intake bolt spacing won't allow for such a large tube, so either you need a 40mm bolt spaced intake jug (GT5a, GT2a, GT5-SR, or GT2-SR), or you should taper the pipe. Trust me, 14mm carbs is nowhere near large enough for these engines. High performance 50cc engines use 21mm at least, 80cc road scooters run 19-21mm from the factory. These engines can't breathe, even on the stock intake it makes a pretty noticable difference!

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
Hes right

the stoke z intake is 19mm od and 16mm id

i wouldnt run anything less than a 16mm bore intake and a 16mm carb try to match the bore of the intakw to the bore of the carb or you wil suffer from restriction

i have seen stock aluminum intakes that only had a 13mm bore id! !! That is smaller than my 23cc weed eater carb!