Dellorto 15.15 or 16.16

GoldenMotor.com

jpullen

Sep 18, 2013
Damascus GA.
I have been running a CNS v3 on my Grubee Skyhawk with SBP expansion exhaust and MM billet intake. I finally got the cns tuned to a "T" week before last. 1/4 throttle dark brown, 1/2 throttle medium brown, 3/4 really brown and wot medium brown. Last week I sheared a front mounting bolt and had to adjust my motor. When I put it back together it bogged sputtered and I think it said something about my mother as it choked out. This was due to the tiny tilt causing the float bowl to over fill up into the carb body. I adjusted my float to try set the level to no avail. Over filled or bone dry. I remounted the motor back to level now the carb wont fit because of the seat post hits the carb air filter. In short I am done with the CNS and all its problems. I am thinking of switching to this carburetor or the 15.15 counter part.

[URL="http://www.mopeddivision.com/dellorto-16-16-sha-carburetor-lever-choke/
I have searched the forums and hear good things for the most part about both of them, but which to use on my set up?

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
I personaly found the Delorto excellent for a standard motor.
But with an expansion chamber it was 4 stroking and had no adjustment other than the main jet. I got the speed carb to run heaps better.

jpullen

Sep 18, 2013
Damascus GA.
I thought the nt and the speed carb wouldn't fit on the MM intake due to the float bowl being so low that it hits the clutch cable anchor? I have already had to cut it off as low as I could and notch a bit out of the top to get the cns to fit on it.

jpullen

Sep 18, 2013
Damascus GA.
ok I have been running the dellorto sha 16.16 for a month and it has been wonderful. No more air leaks, four stroking, retuning every few day, and the gas millage is far better. There are a few things I found that helped me I wanted to share. Sha 14-16 carb slides https://www.treatland.tv/dellorto-SHA-slide-p/dellorto-sha-slide-metal.htm. There are six different slides with different cut away to tweak the air flow through the carb. It isn't much different than changing the main jet, but it does offer another avenue of tuning. The stock sha air filter is crap! I ride a lot of dirt roads and it allowed sand to be sucked into the carb. I took out the screens and put one back in then stretched two layers of pantyhose around the second an inserted it with one more behind it. This improved air flow and I'm not seeing or feeling any grit in the oil in the rear of the carb now. I know there are good after market air filters but I have very little room between carb and seat post. The Manic Mechanic billet intake I am using is a bit restrictive though. It has a 14mm I.D. so its restricting the carb by 2mm but, I'm going to get a spare and drill it out to a 16mm I.D. I will loose the O ring seal but if it leaks there is always seal all. The only other thing I found that helped was a float bowl with a drain plug/ button to drain fuel while re jetting. https://www.treatland.tv/dellorto-SHA-quick-drain-valve-float-bowl-p/dellorto-sha-bowl-154470096.htm
If any one is thinking of using the sha I hope this info is helpful.