Hiya from central Virginia

GoldenMotor.com

Daement

Feb 19, 2013
Charlottesville, VA
Glad I stumbled across this forum! So much info, and looks to be an active and friendly community. Installed my new Grubee Skyhawk gt2b anglefire, onto my 1989 Schwinn Impact. With the help of a good mechanic friend. Only some issues with the chain/tensioner. Fired up on first try then the chain broke lol. The info I'm finding here has been invaluable so far.
Ive lived in my town for almost 20 years and have never, ever, seen a motorized bike. I may be the first. Would like to find others locally however. Maybe after seeing me buzz around others will catch on.

Daement

Feb 19, 2013
Charlottesville, VA
I have dived deep into the forums doing research. I do plan to pick up a 41. turns out there is a tractor supply literally behind my job. till then I've straightened out my 415 and moved the tensioner a few inches forward. I need it on, or the bottom of chain hits part of the frame. I'm very confident this is just about right now. about to put the clutch arm and plate back on now and give it a try..xx.

Daement

Feb 19, 2013
Charlottesville, VA
Picked up the 41. and after a bit of adjustments had this girl running like a champ. Took it for a ride around the neighborhood like 8 laps atleast, no problems. Haven't been this stoked since I lost my virg... oh safe for work. Came to a stop to let her cool down and check everything. Some cute college girls approached me asking about it and took pictures. Later went to the store and ol' timers where gawking at my creation. Still plan to replace this junk tensioner asap. But for now I'm just enjoying the ride! .shft.