Electric Madness

GoldenMotor.com

NormO

Jun 15, 2011
New Brunswick,Canada
looks that that may be one problem. you are also missing one of the screws on the magneto. That's why i though it wasn't grounded properly. It isn't. Actually you are very lucky the magneto and magnet aren't chewed to pieces.

Last edited:

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Yes I was thinking the same. I think the screw and washer should be what actually give ground contact. Maybe washing the bike and water getting in there took away the rest of contact in some weird way. Im cleaning all connections now and will use one of the screws there. The white cable is supposed to be not connected anywhere if I dont use the kill switch right?

Edit: Wait. one screw I took out before I took the pic. The one in the middle. Is there supposed to be a screw where the wire goes too on top of it?

NormO

Jun 15, 2011
New Brunswick,Canada
The white wire shouldn't be hooked up to anything. it gives out 6v and the only thing it should be hooked to is maybe a low powered light or something. but i would not hook it up to anything myself as it adds load on an already weak unit.
The screw should go in the hole right beside the screw that is already there. Not in the farthest hole. Hopefully the screw hole is not stripped.

NormO

Jun 15, 2011
New Brunswick,Canada
Black wire on the switch to a good ground, frame, engine. Yellow wire from the switch to blue wire on magneto or cdi i forget which. I'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong. I have to get going now i have to attend a funeral.

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
OK little update in any case somebody have the same problem some day. I installed a new Magneto with the cables and it works.. BUT still only work if I ground the white cable so Im assuming something is messed up in the CDI or the cables there because there is nothing else left thats electric. Now when I hold the clutch is goes down to idle very quick instead of stay forever in higher rpms like before. So in general it runs better.