Show us your Pipe!

GoldenMotor.com

klb6154

Jun 20, 2010
pittsburgh pa
I made my pipe from pieces of old handelbar. Simply cut the bends you need and connect with hightemp tubing. Btw. Nappa aouto sells it ask for hose to connect frtm cat. Converter to o2 senser. If you ask for silicone tubing they usualy look at you funny. But they can look up on the comp. O2senser hose it ain't cheap but you will save shipping cost. Thanx to my girlfriend I now have a mig welder, best xmas present ever!!! I have welded the pipe and will post pics once I figure out how to. I'm not that computer savy and she is napping. Lol. She usualy post stuff for me.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Got Pipe? I don't recall you specifying 2 or 4-stroke, but here's my pipe.......

With muff

Without muff
URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/189/img1247cb.jpg/]
[/URL]

Form and function for my 4-strokes.

dnut

toojung2die

Feb 10, 2011
Troy NC
Up pipe from arrow motorized cycles. Pipe works really well especially with a high performance motor.
Nice expansion chamber install. It fits the bike but I'll bet you're glad the heat shield is on there. Expansion chamber exhausts have to be the hardest because for them to work right they have to be the correct length, etc... Is the noise level harsh? Who wouldn't like more speed but I want to keep the MB as quiet as possible and skirt around potential street legal issues.

(I just realized my car's exhaust can set off car alarms but the noise never bothered me.)

Last edited:

toojung2die

Feb 10, 2011
Troy NC
Got Pipe? I don't recall you specifying 2 or 4-stroke, but here's my pipe.......Form and function for my 4-strokes. dnut
Nah, two stroke for different four stroke are different... umm, whatever.

I thought an exhaust pipe thread could generate ideas for ways to create an alternative to the same old muffler that we get with a motor kit.

Your 4-stroke pipes are exactly what this thread is about. If it works, good. If it works better and looks better, great!

MysterySandwich

Jun 30, 2012
California
Is this too old of a thread for me to be posting? I thought it was too awesome...

I just made this from EMT and a VW bug tailpipe. I don't know what it will do for performance but like how it looks.
http://
http://
That was my favorite :D

However, I was wondering... do you need to know how to weld to make these custom exhausts with EMT? Are there any special clamps that would do the job just fine? With some googling I couldn't find anything that looked strong enough...

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Pipes like you see here are not easy to make, it takes a lot of patients to make one look as good as these do. That being said wouldn't it look bad with clamps hanging off of it? Welding is the only way to make it look like that, some may disagree but that my view.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Thank you scotto-.
It sounds like a deep, throaty 125cc engine now. Not too loud either, but I might make a glass pack insert for it in the future...
Or not. ;)

It is sooo close to being long distance road worthy now I can taste it.
Any more new doodads I think up for it can wait until later!

toojung2die

Feb 10, 2011
Troy NC
Around here these MB's are not legal. I made my exhaust as quiet as possible to stay off their radar. The most notice I've had from the police is a wave back as I ride by. I like riding smooth, quiet and slow but faster than the other bikes can pedal. When I want acceleration I can drive my Stage-II '97 Eclipse GS-T. I still haven't had the guts to find top speed.

Attachments

MysterySandwich

Jun 30, 2012
California
Around here these MB's are not legal. I made my exhaust as quiet as possible to stay off their radar. The most notice I've had from the police is a wave back as I ride by. I like riding smooth, quiet and slow but faster than the other bikes can pedal. When I want acceleration I can drive my Stage-II '97 Eclipse GS-T. I still haven't had the guts to find top speed.
what kind of pipe is that/where did you get it?
(I'm assuming it's very quiet?)

toojung2die

Feb 10, 2011
Troy NC
what kind of pipe is that/where did you get it?
(I'm assuming it's very quiet?)
It's very quiet. The noise from the intake is the loudest sound my motor makes. It started as a eBay exhaust I could not fit to my bike. I bought a length of 3/4" emt conduit and borrowed a pipe bender. I have a little stick welder. I cut the flange and muffler off the eBay exhaust. I bent the conduit, welded it up, ground off the ugly parts and there she is.

All I can hear from the back of the pipe is a real nice soft pop as it's in the sweet rpm zone between 23 to 25 mph. The longer pipe increases torque. I can climb hills that used to slow me down. No better top speed but that doesn't matter to me. I like seeing, hearing and smelling what is going by as I mosey along.

MysterySandwich

Jun 30, 2012
California
It's very quiet. The noise from the intake is the loudest sound my motor makes. It started as a eBay exhaust I could not fit to my bike. I bought a length of 3/4" emt conduit and borrowed a pipe bender. I have a little stick welder. I cut the flange and muffler off the eBay exhaust. I bent the conduit, welded it up, ground off the ugly parts and there she is.

All I can hear from the back of the pipe is a real nice soft pop as it's in the sweet rpm zone between 23 to 25 mph. The longer pipe increases torque. I can climb hills that used to slow me down. No better top speed but that doesn't matter to me. I like seeing, hearing and smelling what is going by as I mosey along.
Ahh, thanks, too bad I can't weld :mad:
(Again, just wondering I can't use any type of clamps on these conduit pipes? Even if it is ugly... what about JB weld?)

I really like that last quote haha

toojung2die

Feb 10, 2011
Troy NC
Ahh, thanks, too bad I can't weld :mad:
(Again, just wondering I can't use any type of clamps on these conduit pipes? Even if it is ugly... what about JB weld?)

I really like that last quote haha
JB will not work for long. Maybe hours at best. I would go to a local muffler shop or welding shop. Bring your bike. Talk about what you want to do. I'll bet you a donut there's a guy that will weld it because he likes to weld and gets interested in your idea. I have a similar friendship with a welding professional. I can stick two pieces of steel together but it won't be pretty. This guy has helped me because I got him interested in what I was doing. My GST exhaust is a work of art. (too bad it's under the car)