--Roadster update-- with pics

GoldenMotor.com

Mr D

May 24, 2010
fresno ca
Hello, haven't logged in a while. But I have been working and spending $ on mb.

New items!

>LED head light
>Fuel filter--recycled from old lawn mower
>New rino-light double walled rims (36 hole with eyelets)

>New disk brake quando hubs (dual disk front) rear single disk.

>Fabricated "adapter" for right side front disk (reverse copy of venice's adapter) thank you norm

>Replaced Manic's sprocket with "top hat" adapter (A must for new wheel set)

>fabricated new pipe. (first time using a bender) (used stock flange)

>straight pipe was way too loud! ...Added tip. (much better)

Had to lean out carb a notch or two to get any kind of power.

Future plan to cut intake pipe add an elbow to bring it out of cramped space. Then add air cleaner.

No other plans besides a new tank and maintenance items. Yes, have both fenders on too. I like it with them on!
Now see if I remember how to add pics!

Attachments

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
Nice bike, I love the disc brakes on the front wheel. I wonder how the long exhaust pipe affects performance.
Really nice, clean looking, motor bike.

Jhammer

May 8, 2010
Greater Toronto Area
Hey bro I really dig your bike sweet ride you have? But wondering a bit about your front set up. I was wondering how you went about your dual set up as I'm looking in to one for my build. Also note that you have a springer, so did you just buy a second rocker adapter? I currently don't have any front brakes, I note yu don't have a rear brake. I assume you bought choppersus dual hub. If so is the 3/8 axle seem to hold up

Mr D

May 24, 2010
fresno ca
Hey nunya, The pipe seemed to add to the top end. Although, takes a second to get there. It does however sound a heck of a lot better! I love the sound...and the look. There is zero back pressure now beyond the increased distance the exhaust has to travel. (was thinking about a cap or plug with measured number of holes) One interesting note. after running 10 mi full speed, one can grab a hold of the pipe at the furthest end and not get burned at all. The heat only seems to make it 3/4 of the way.

Mr D

May 24, 2010
fresno ca
Hey Jhammer, thanks for your kind words. Yup that is the hub from chopper us. When it arrived in the mail I was a tad worried about the quality. The axle was really tight and I couldn't find the sweet spot to adjust. (still cant) and the shop who built the wheel set for me made note of it as well. But I went ahead anyway. The hubs seem to be holding up fine. Ive had no issues after 50+ miles.Had to readjust rear one once. The adapter: bought the left side one from norm. (He really does do great work, Thanks again norm) For the right side, I just simply cut a triangle of metal, lined up the mounting holes in the brake itself, and drilled them out. Working fine, Except a small amount of rubbing a cant seem to work out. Doesn't really affect performance that I can tell, still a drastic improvement over any other types of brake Ive had. I will add a rear one as well. Need a 180 disk, (Ill make my own adapter) and add another handlebar lever. (already have both slots on right side taken)

Mr D

May 24, 2010
fresno ca
--Update--
I tried connecting my bike trailer today! Works like a charm! btw, No humans in trailer...just groceries. Im guessing i had 45 lbs in trailer. (it was fully loaded) I hardly noticed it behind me! Smooth! Ill take and post some pics of the whole rig.

Caddy429

Jun 16, 2011
Cleveland
I really like the bike im trying to get a frame like that in the near future. Did you make your own frony motor mount or were you able to buy one that workes for you?

Mr D

May 24, 2010
fresno ca
Hey Caddy, I made this mount. Second version.

Used A24 simsom strong tie from home depot. (The heavy gauge one) Had to heat, bend, then drill holes. Then clamped it to frame using aluminum "light bar clamps". I found them at a vw shop near my house.