morini motors

GoldenMotor.com

oldsurfer

May 21, 2010
thousand oaks,,,ca
was thinking of building my second bike and was thinking of a boardtrack racer using a morini motor...anyone fill me in why these are such great motors??what do you do different to hook them up to a bike?.wee.

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal
They run circles around the HT's. Speaking from experience here too...
(I have a HT 50cc and 80cc + a Morini 9.4hp 50cc.)

Tell Herm at herdan.com Aydin told you to call, he's a great guy and has equally great prices.
I'll be a Morini distributer soon, but untill then Herm's gotcha covered.

They are built so well (as with most Italian engines, bikes and cars) I'm not gonna lie; I've been a 2 stroke small engine enthusiast for as long as I can remember, and they are truly beautiful motors.

What model are you looking at? I'd go with the S6s, since it's got all the goodies like the digital ignition, 3 shoe clutch, 19mm carb and almost 10HP.

You really wont be dissapointed.
Got some vids on my site if ya want to see it in action...

GeneFiorot

Feb 12, 2009
Punta Gorda Florida
One of the issues of the S6S is that its power band is rather high up in RPMs compared with the S6T 5.8 horsepower model possibly creating a situation for alternative sprocket size. Others have reported that the three shoe clutch does not provide any engine braking when letting off the throttle. And others have indicated that the ignition is not as reliable. All that said this may be a mute point as I have heard the 5.8 has been discontinued.

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal
The 5.8 is no longer.

It's replacement is the 6.4

The engagement point on the 9.4 is factory set to 10.800rpm (!)

GeneFiorot

Feb 12, 2009
Punta Gorda Florida
I am sure there is some adjustment but the point is the powerband ( torque) is developed at much higher rpms necessitating the need for higher revs to achieve that horse power. In an extreme example the difference between a Cat diesel making torque at 1500 rpm and a Ferrari at 7000 rpm.

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal
Yes it's adjustable.

The smaller one makes maximum power at (5,80 HP) at 8000 rpm and has a max speed of 10,000rpm

The 9.4hp makes (9,4 HP) at 11000 rpm and can rev to 13,500rpm.
Also includes a dyno graph.
It makes more power off idle than a HT motor does at full speed, so lack of torque is not a problem at all.