hey there Orem, Utah, USA no gas???

GoldenMotor.com

starhawk85

May 8, 2009
Orem, UT
hey there everyone

probably not the best place to post a problem I’m new to the motorized bike project as well to blogging posting in threads and all maybe in a roundabout way I could get some help in both sections ha ha ha

any way i have spent hours reading on this here website and have found allot of helpful info the only thing i seem not to find is what exactly it is that i need to do to solve my problem i have made the appropriate adjustments and have double checked everything in and on the engine and accessories

my problem lye’s that my bike is not getting gas i see the only problem is that my fuel is leaking through my air filter i have done everything i can to fix this issue including ordering a new carb i am at a loss the carb makes no sense as to how the fuel is to reach the engine before it leaks out

let me know what to do or if you might need more info to help me out here thanks
:-||

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
I am guessing that this is your first build so I am going to assume an assembly problem. Have you checked the throttle cable? It should be moving a needle in the carb up and down to control the fuel flow. If gas is leaking out the filter then it is getting to the carb but not through it. Since you replaced the carb to no effect it is probably the cable. A picture of your setup would also help. You'll probably have to get a couple more posts in to post photo's or links. Good luck!

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
what stops the fuel from flowing out the airfilter is that the engine when running sucks the air/fuel mixture in like a vacuum.plus the airfilter and metal screen helps hold it in.
these are simple carbs on these bikes.
they do tend to have a little back flow out the aircleaner and will notice gas around and in the airfilter. i put a hose and clamp where my airfilter goes and ran it to a airbox which has a hole with my airfilter attached to it,this keeps the little back flow of gas in my hose(to be used later)instead of dripping out on bike or floor.
its also makes the engine quieter like a intake silencer and i only loose a little performance,but its worth it to me.its still fast and goes up to 28-32mph.

Last edited:

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
I had this very same problem. Because I didn't know that you have to clean the inside of the fuel tank prior to filling it, paint chips and other crap got into my carb.

Take apart the carb and clean it, including the needle valve. Also, check to see if you plastic float has been filled with gas. No.....they are not supposed to do that, but I had this problem and gas was spitting out the air filter.

If, in fact, you do have a bad float, it's fixable with a soldering iron, AFTER you get the gas out.

Also, get a fuel filter on the line if you haven't done so already.

Hope this helps.