Waddup from Florida

GoldenMotor.com

crotchrocket

Apr 5, 2009
Florida
What, up guys. I'm Matt in Sarasota, FL. I operate a Scwinn Cruiser with the 80cc Raw setup. I have only one upgrade which is a seat mounted surfboard carrier. I plan on doing more uprades (integrity, these parts suck!) which is why I'm here.
dnut

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Cool - post picts of your board rack!

Lots of cool upgrades out there now, in the last year or so it seems like us and the other guys are serious about improving and upgrading for reliability and power..shft.

.crt. in my youth I had a surfboard trailer (sub board trailer for kids :D )

crotchrocket

Apr 5, 2009
Florida
I actually need to find parts that will replace the crap ones this thing came with. I've already replaced the throttle(plastic piece broke that holds the cable) and cable(just because)and readjusted everything. But literally everyday there is something going wrong with this thing. Carb leaks, chain tensioner won't stay put(which of course kicks the chain at whatever speed I might be going), yesterday I blew a spoke and after looking at the wheel its warped and upon looking even closer the engine mounts are half broke! AGHHH! Any help would be appreciated, I will be posting the same stuff above in the proper section. Here's a link to the surfboard rack, I have a Mini

Last edited:

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
Welcome to the Forum. Theres a bunch of us that gather every third Saturday at Vinoy Park, Tampa St Pete area. Glad to have ya!!.trk

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
when i look at my kit,theres nothing wrong with it,it just runs.theres no leaks and everything stays tight like the day i tightened everything.if anything breaks i will ducktape it,use plastic ties,or gasket maker,plus i have a extra spare heavyduty rear wheel.but if i get a new bike,i will upgrade the parts.

crotchrocket

Apr 5, 2009
Florida
when i look at my kit,theres nothing wrong with it,it just runs.theres no leaks and everything stays tight like the day i tightened everything.if anything breaks i will ducktape it,use plastic ties,or gasket maker,plus i have a extra spare heavyduty rear wheel.but if i get a new bike,i will upgrade the parts.

Now I'm just confused...where do you get heavy duty wheels/tires?

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Now I'm just confused...where do you get heavy duty wheels/tires?
I got my wheel from Husky Bicycles bicycles, tricycles, industrial bicycles, industrial tricycles, bicycle parts, tricycle parts

I think 12gauge spokes is the way to go, I have close to 1,000 miles with no problems so far.

I saw your other thread, a small screw in the tensioner bracket to the chain stay will keep the tensioner from going into the spokes.

http://motorbicycling.com/f3/chain-tensioner-modification-764.html

crotchrocket

Apr 5, 2009
Florida
I got my wheel from Husky Bicycles bicycles, tricycles, industrial bicycles, industrial tricycles, bicycle parts, tricycle parts

I think 12gauge spokes is the way to go, I have close to 1,000 miles with no problems so far.

I saw your other thread, a small screw in the tensioner bracket to the chain stay will keep the tensioner from going into the spokes.

http://motorbicycling.com/f3/chain-tensioner-modification-764.html
Awesome!!! Thanks for the link, you're the man! And yeah, I think I'm gonna keep the tensioner and put a screw in it just incase I need adjusting. Thanks again!

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona