Toolin' Around

GoldenMotor.com

Peddler

May 10, 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
Hi from Cincinnati. I came across this site looking @ E - bikes and the laws in Ohio about mopeds (lost my license to the court). There are some great builds and ideas I'd like to use (within the law of course) .wee.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Two things you should know. I've looked up the laws for motorized bikes in Ohio. You'll have to have it registered by meeting the required definition of a motorized bicycle/moped. Then they'll issue a tag for the rear of bike. The other thing is since your drivers license has been suspended you'll need to apply for a restricted license. Just letting you know these things I don't want to see you get into more trouble.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Welcome aboard P.... and J... lol

yes, they may seem like a simple form of basic transport, and they are cheap enough...
It's the regulatory agencies that seem to make things a bit more difficult.

There's a number of members who end up here because of bad driving habits.

Use of a motorized bicycle may actually draw more attention to you, which is probably not the result you need.

The web news today said my state is coming up 16bn short. They are gonna cut 'services', they say... I suppose they will need a couple more agencies to do that.
Meanwhile, they will be on a tax grab to get all the money they can. It could mean every little infraction will draw attention, a citation, and a fine.

Good luck!
rc

P, 750watts is not really gonna get you anywhere you wouldn't walk.
..but maybe someone will have better info for you...

Last edited: