Centrifugal Adjustment Help!

GoldenMotor.com

mjharden1

May 25, 2011
naples, fl
Hi guys, I had a pull start - Centrifugal clutch on my 2 stroke.

It was working fine for a while but will not drop into gear now. It starts and revs in neutral.

Anyone know how to adjust this? I have found other stuff online to adjust centrifugals but they have a bolt with an adjust screw in the middle, this does not.

photo attached.

Thanks zpt

Attachments

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
When you rev up the engine, does the outer bell on the CC spin?
Can you see the weights moving out and the friction material gripping the bell?
It's quite hard for that not to work, it's simple physics, and so simple in construction, I can't see how it would not be able to work.
There are some reports of the spot welds missing or breaking that holds the drum to the small gear on the CC, although all the ones that I have seen are pinned/riveted.
If the bell is spinning with revs, then it should be spinning the big gear on the manual clutch, so you need to looking at the manual clutch system for the problem.

geoldr

Jun 19, 2011
California
Maybe your manual clutch pucks are glazed and its slipping? Or the flower nut needs to be adjusted on the manual gear. Like rohmell said, the CC works by simple physics.

geoldr

Jun 19, 2011
California
Yeah, that could be happening too. When you put on your CC did you make a notch like the manual clutch so that little key thing on the shaft can fit on the CC?