FINALLY DONE! THANK YOU ALL! Check this out...

GoldenMotor.com

Vistaman73

Chat Box Junkie
Nov 29, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
Well, my bike goes 41 MPH, according to my Garmin strapped to the gas tank. Iv'e made several runs and always got close results. This is with a 36 tooth and a lot of work, open header exhaust, Duane's GT50R carb (tuned), Manic Intake, etc. I went 35 with my 44 tooth which I miss a little because I had a lot of pull on low end. I lost that with the 36 but I ride to get places and I want to keep up with traffic as much as I can. I have pics on my phone, if people really care, I'll see if I can post them up (If I still have them, my memory got full a couple times so I deleted some) But 47 smells a little fishy. Maybe with that small sprocket I think he mentioned, down hill. But 44 MPH flat with that small of a sprocket? You'd need a super strong engine to even get it to rev high enough to reach 44. But until I see proof, I'm not believing, sorry.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Well, my bike goes 41 MPH, according to my Garmin strapped to the gas tank. Iv'e made several runs and always got close results. This is with a 36 tooth and a lot of work, open header exhaust, Duane's GT50R carb (tuned), Manic Intake, etc. I went 35 with my 44 tooth which I miss a little because I had a lot of pull on low end. I lost that with the 36 but I ride to get places and I want to keep up with traffic as much as I can. I have pics on my phone, if people really care, I'll see if I can post them up (If I still have them, my memory got full a couple times so I deleted some) But 47 smells a little fishy. Maybe with that small sprocket I think he mentioned, down hill. But 44 MPH flat with that small of a sprocket? You'd need a super strong engine to even get it to rev high enough to reach 44. But until I see proof, I'm not believing, sorry.

Yep.....! .wee.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I agree that it's possible to get those speeds with that gearing, but only if there has been a pretty good amount of modification to the engine and he is a light weight.

I'm not a doubter if all things are right, but with a stock engine and no major mods other than the 24T sprocket I just don't see it unless it was clocked on a pretty good hill on the way down.

If we get proof that shows us i'll be happy for him, heck I'm happy already I'd just like to see some proof of the claimed high speeds, I reall yenjoy seeing these bikes go fast, putting around is good too but being able to really ring-em out and get a good top speed is very exciting...

Peace, map brnot

With a 24 rear sprock, I believe it! Get some vid on youtube and post a link here.

must be slow to get rolling with that gear tho

kevinkrg6

Jun 3, 2011
ohio
Guys , I don't wanna be a thread-jacker, but I need to know: I have a grubee gt5, 40t manic sprock, and I can only hit 25! is this normal? because I really hate it! I don't care what you gusy say, I wanna hit 35, 25 is too slow!

droc089

Jun 25, 2011
ohio
Guys , I don't wanna be a thread-jacker, but I need to know: I have a grubee gt5, 40t manic sprock, and I can only hit 25! is this normal? because I really hate it! I don't care what you gusy say, I wanna hit 35, 25 is too slow!
How many miles on the bike? Mine keeps going up and it's only been 15 miles, started at like 18-19 cruise to now 24-25. The more you ride the better it will get.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
I've been following this thread, not because of you guys ragging on the OP for "outrageous" speed claims, but because I've wanted to see pics of the bike. Instead the OP gets a very hostile feel to the replies on his thread and that's probably why I've not been able to see any pics yet.

Now, as far as the speed claims go, I have no doubt that he can get that speed with such a small sprocket and a stock engine. My buddy and I lucked out a few years ago when we got our motor kits. Both motors were stock everything except sprockets. We both got 36t sprockets. When we were going some place on our bikes we rode almost WOT, just not quite WOT and were doing 35 mph. When we went WOT we hit 40 and stayed there. We both had speedos that registered within .5 mph of each other. Mine would say 39.6 and his said 40.1. And we kept up with traffic in a 40 mph zone.

I say give the OP a break, with a 24t sprocket I have no reason to doubt his speed claims and I still want to see the bike.

donutguy

Feb 4, 2010
PA
My old 1 1/2 inch friction drive roller hit 38 mph with a new Dax GT50R engine. I ran out of nerve and backed down.....there was plenty of throttle left. I thought it would be wise to take it easy on a motor with only 200 miles on it.

Now- it won't hit nearly that speed as I installed a new Dax friction drive kit with the 1 inch roller. Slower top speed (I'm totally okay with that) but very, very impressive throttle responsive.

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
My old 1 1/2 inch friction drive roller hit 38 mph with a new Dax GT50R engine. I ran out of nerve and backed down.....there was plenty of throttle left. I thought it would be wise to take it easy on a motor with only 200 miles on it.

Now- it won't hit nearly that speed as I installed a new Dax friction drive kit with the 1 inch roller. Slower top speed (I'm totally okay with that) but very, very impressive throttle responsive.
Did you ever get the bugs worked out on that dax motor????

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
I don't doubt the claims....I just doubt the sanity of anyone wanting to go 47mph on a bicycle.LOL
My OP Roller with a HT 66 will top out in the mid 30's using a 41t sprocket and that feels silly fast to me. 25-28mph is a good cruising in my opinion and anything faster then that especially when considering that most are trusting their hide to cheap china bearings and the possibillity that all welds may have been done by some poor ticked off china man at quitting time Friday.
I bounced pretty good at 10 years old, but at 40 I have no bounce left in me....so a spill onto the pavement is very unappealling.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Ckangarro makes a good point. This statement was similar to what was going through my mind as I rode my previous bike: "...possibillity that all welds may have been done by some poor ticked off china man at quitting time Friday."

I'm really starting to like the idea of riding my welded steel, beautifully solid antique frame, with its Worksman wheels and proven engine, and Manic Mechanic adapter too, of course.

I think even just 25 mph will feel more comfortable and safer under these circumstances than it did before.