SBP ExCh Shortening and mounting questions

GoldenMotor.com

Kristof

Jan 21, 2011
Aliso Viejo, CA
Hi,

I have an issue with mounting my SBP ExCh.
-I think that the long black tube needs to be shortened.
-How the **** do I mount it without it having side to side motion?? It will hit the tire I know it! The whole thing is so loose, even with that metal strap on it.

TxBikeRider

Aug 7, 2010
Texas
The only help I can offer is to tell you to go stock and bend it to work......but SBP are very good with help, you might want to ask them. (My comment in no way is meant to be derogatory to SBP).

Ernst

May 28, 2011
Turlock Ca
As I commented in Chat we went with finding a good mount and worked from there.

I used the stock muffler tube and added the SBP expansion.

This is my second engine and so far I feel it does well to accelerate and travels well @ 30 and below with the pipe you saw.

I understand what you are wanting.. My goals are transportation to and from work.

I think you are on the right track but that dynamo idea makes sense if one wants to get the maximum out I guess..

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
An easy solution for your issue. . .

Mount the Ex. chamber exactly how you want it and secure it. When that is done you will be able to see what kind of fabricating needs to be done.

1.) You can "heat and bend" your own section, do this with 3/4 aluminum pipe
-need to weld together or use SBP silicone

2.) You can buy copper elbows and try to piece them together for a good fit
-will leak if not sealed properly

3.) You can buy a 3/4'' or 1'' flex pipe and connect them that way.
-mount how you want and be able bend the pipe easliy to get 10-14 inches
of header

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
After just going through the same process last weekend, the suggestion to mount the chamber first is a good one.

Mount your chamber to the frame, then fabricate a pipe to connect it back to your header. I cut the stock muffler off the header, and extended the header pipe with 7/8" copper pipe, and copper couplings.