most of you know

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Maybe if you build it as shown, the PVC tubes will have just enough give so you can lean a bit in turns, but enough to "supplement" your balance when starting off.

I say build it and give us a report on how it works.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I am trying to decide now whether to use 20" or 16" wheels. Joe do you have any idea which would be more stable. I'm leaning to the 20" just because they are both front wheels and would roll pretty much evenly.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I am trying to decide now whether to use 20" or 16" wheels. Joe do you have any idea which would be more stable. I'm leaning to the 20" just because they are both front wheels and would roll pretty much evenly.

On a trailer, you'd want one that will take the most side loading....theoreticly that would be a 16" wheel, but quality of 16" wheels varies quite a bit. I'd opt for some of those plastic BMX ot "Tuff" wheels. (20")

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I think I am going to go with the 20" and I agree about the trike. It would take a little welding to get the sprocket on the axle otherwise it should be just a standard hook up.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Deacon
Have you thought about a side car? you could mount battries in the side car and if you wanted power the side cars wheel with a electric motor and use your gas engine on the frame. The sort of best of both in a way and not have to try to balance it. I've been thinking about this for myself for something different and GREEN rotfl. It would be different I could sneek in a bigger 4 stroke engine as well with the right type of cover and muffler.
Just some crazy thinking.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I have given the sidecar a lot of thought. I would love to have one but have never seen a nice easy design. Did you see the new trailer design in me and sissy thread. It's close to an after market trike. I hope to test it today.