Hello Motor bike world! New from central valley

GoldenMotor.com

Mr D

May 24, 2010
fresno ca
This week I will receive my first motor in the mail. Cant wait to start project. (Stretch cruiser )As soon I can figure how to post pics, I will do so. Would welcome any all advice from members as I want a clean, quality, pretty machine to ride. Thanks Mr D

AZMotorbiker

May 20, 2010
Chandler, Arizona
I just built my first bike also. Prepare to spend the better part of your weekend on it at least, and if you can, find a helper - it was a 2 man job for us.

Also if you're getting a Grubee engine, the directions SUCK! They should title them "suggestions" instead. Definitely scout around on google for better directions if you can.

Good luck and have fun! Mine was a bit of a pain to build but that first ride (and today's bus-less commute) was worth it.

-AZ

Mr D

May 24, 2010
fresno ca
Yup I agree! the directions do suk! And worse I did not receive anything in print with motor kit. (I found it online though) Gotta say...Maybe one shouldn't pick a stretch cruiser for their first build! What a (*&^%&(^$^#@ Headache! Finally I found a position which I feel might work...but, then again might run it around block and have to start all over. I did however do some of the things that members here deem a necessity. Like: Replacing a lot of the crappy bolts with grade 8 stuff. I took a dremel tool and carved out the intake and exhaust. Purchased a hub adapter and 40 tooth sprocket from CE. So, I guess Ill keep trucking and see if it works. I think one of the goals of this build is to head off future problems in advance. So now Im working on securing fenders. (I know, but I really like the way they look on this machine) OK, of to wrench some before dark. Oh, and thanks for the welcome. Mr D

Mr D

May 24, 2010
fresno ca
Oh hey AZ. Just noticed where your from! Very nice! I just moved here from PHX (7th st & Camelback) id where I used to live. OK, Ride it like you stole it....