Rear Drive Sprocket

GoldenMotor.com

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
I orderd a 36T BMX sprocket from Ebay for $4.99. It was listed as a BMX sprocket. Anyway....the hole in the sprocket for one-piece crank, lines up perfectly and I drilled an additional eight holes for the mounting hardware. The sprocket works fine and cost wise...about 10% of other sprokckets I have found/used. Just a tip/idea for those looking for sprockets.

Attachments

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I orderd a 36T BMX sprocket from Ebay for $4.99. It was listed as a BMX sprocket. Anyway....the hole in the sprocket for one-piece crank, lines up perfectly and I drilled an additional eight holes for the mounting hardware. The sprocket works fine and cost wise...about 10% of other sprokckets I have found/used. Just a tip/idea for those looking for sprockets.

But where did you get the gasket material,,,,

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Someone needs to sell those gaskets. I'm telling you I have been looking for one since almost the first week after I build my first bike.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Deacon- make a reasonable facimile out of some agricultural belting or a couple layers of leather glued together with contact cement. Use a leather punch or make your own with a proper sized piece of copper or aluminum thin wall pipe, sharpened with a utility knife blade to make the holes.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Red- How would a shadetree such as myself drill the bolt pattern accurately? Use an old sprocket for the pattern?