Bad maginito maybe

GoldenMotor.com

sisdavid

Mar 31, 2008
Daytona Beach
Can someone tell me if I am doing this right? I have a 70cc engine that is not fireing, and this is what happened the last time I messed with the magnito. And the new bike I have says .340 and it works fine on the 2K horseshoe setting thing. the first one read about .299 I replaced it with one that read like .210. and finaly the one on my new bike reads .340 what is going on? Shouldn't it be the higher the reading the more likely to go bad.
YouTube - Magnito on motorized bicycle

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
There is a low limit and a high limit, what those limits are I dont know; it's written in chinese somewhere. Basically the answer to your ? is no. Your new one and old aren't that far off, I think you have a problem elswhere. Any body else with input?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Plug/wire first. Replace the plug with a KNOWN good one. Make sure the wire is screwed into the cdi box properly and that the cap is screwed onto the wire as well, check each step with your multi-meter as you go. Double check all connections.

Look for metal chips in the mag, something I found on all of my new engine kits.

Keep us posted as to your progress.

sisdavid

Mar 31, 2008
Daytona Beach
Thanks for the pointers, a high and a low limit makes sense, maybe this can be narrowed down. original problem could have been a ground issue. There is a lot of varnish on these magnitoes, and probably a good idea to sand it off with a emory board and put dielectric gress on it to make sure it grounds good. please someone remind me that these magnitos are directional and the business card trick. Bike is now running fine. I replaced the plug with cj7y Champion, and replaced the plug wire with 7mm autozone

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Make sure all wiring connections are solid!!!!
If you have another bike, swap the CDI & see if it runs, if not, swap the mag too!
& what joe said, make sure everything is clean...& change the wire, boot & plug.