clutch arm pulls up - what holds it in?

GoldenMotor.com

kallsop

May 2, 2009
CT US
The clutch arm is pulling straight up. I popped off the cover plate and there is a groove in the arm and a hole in the plate. I'm guessing there is some kind of screw that goes into that hole? Does anyone have a picture of what it should look like, and what size screw is it? Possibly the vibes caused the screw to fall out. Thx.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Some of the pins are held in by a peended over place at the edge of the hole and I've seen a couple that had a glob of some type of epoxy over the pin. Either will work and the diameter is not critical. It needs to fit well but its not precision. Like Fairracing said, use a small nail, roll pin or short length of welding rod ( approx. 3/32" diameter) and secure it so it won't fall out again. It does need to be metal however and should be flush with the top of the hole. Good luck.
Tom

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
my cover plate broke at that pinhole and my arm popped out. I was able to put the pin in and JBWeld over the top of it. I can't see the pinhole or pin anymore, but the pin always stays in now. However, my is not completely flush with what it was before.

And now a days, vibration sits the arm high so that when I pull it, it catches just right and comes out anyway. I think there is a notch in the grove for the pin on my arm that shouldn't be there. SEE PIC. I'd like to replace both. Got a link to one I could buy?

Attachments

Last edited: