Biz Cards

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
We were talking about business cards the other night in chat. I make my own with windows Publisher (part of office) There are many free programs that will do this. why: Why OpenOffice.org , Avery and a slew of others. I buy precut and printed sheets of business card stock then print over the back ground. The simple one pictured here is also mounted on a precut/adhesive backed magnet. All available from any stationary store like staples or officemax, etc. (I only give out the "good" ones to folks who seem serious about buying a MB) The main reason for the added expense of putting them on magnets is that it some how gives the card more value and ends up on a refrigerator or work bench and not as note paper in some one's wallet. Rolls of the magnetic material can be bought as well if you wanted to do a big batch. The advantage would be you could print on regular paper, glue and cut. Normally I have a pic of a MB. Even if the original recipient of the card does not buy, they very often put it where others will see it. Free advertising.

I don't give out that many, so I only print a page at a time and like the freedom of changing them at will.

Attachments

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Cool card 2Door. That was a great idea. I forgot to say above if one wanted to print a ton of cards, a laser printer is far cheaper. I am told half the printing cost, of an ink jet printer. (by a salesman of printers, so...) Big bucks new but I always see them for nothing at goodwill. $15-20 bucks most of them. I am thinking of doing 1/3 page magnetized flyer/brochure sort of thing. Dunno, some day. But would have to shave the cost some.