Securing gas line

GoldenMotor.com

Kurtis100

Feb 2, 2015
Canada
Is there anything I can do to my gas line to make it so people can't pull the line and dump the gas out so easy??

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Using a hose clamp would make it more difficult for them. Or just some mechanics wire and a twist with some pliers will also help secure your hoses better.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
There are also small circle clips that are made for just this use. You should be able to find them anywhere you can get small engine supplies. Like a lawn and garden store.

I'm curious. Is someone dumping your fuel? That'd be awful.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
My feeling is that you'd be better off parking your bike where it's safer.

If you have the kind of people who'll pull your fuel line off then if you fix that they'll find something else, possibly more harmful to do to your bike. They might fill your fuel tank with sugar or worse.
Where are you leaving it unattended? Is there a better place to park it?

Tom

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I have used bread twisters. I tighten them with needle nosed pliers and clip off the excess.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Get those little pinch clamps they use for automotive fuel lines, these are strong little spring clamps that require a set of pliers to hold open while installing. They are also excellent for keeping lines in place and from leaking.

Next alternative is safety wiring it on using 2 wraps around the nipple and twisting it tight. This also applies even pressure all the way around and needs to be cut off with wire cutters... if done right it'll prick someones finger really good if they try to pull your line off and don't see the wire.

I would also get a locking gas cap if people are messing with your bike where you have to park it.

A stun gun and a photo sensor will also keep unwanted fingers off your gas line but don't forget its there when working on it....

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Stainless steel zip ties wouldn't be a bad idea either or even just regular zip ties. Also I definitely am on Tom's side here because somebody who is going to mess something up for the fun of it..... I wouldn't be putting anything near them.