Offset intake comparison.

GoldenMotor.com

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Swapped this on today for a test.

Ran a bit quieter, and the very low end seems a bit smoother.
BUT, it sticks out too much and interferes with my normal leg position.
Back to the normal stock intake.
Not worth bumping my leg on it.

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
the long steel z intake seems to work out real well andcin myvopinion is the best all around stock intake manifold. of course it needs a bit of work ... dremal out the seams and welds till its smooth then flapper wheel a nice finninsh around the whole inside and grind out the flange till its port mached as best u can then file the gasket surface flat and true. after all this i find it gives good low end grunt but at the cost af a slight lag in throttle due to the volume of fuel it holds. also u may need to down jet because of the tripple pas of fuel through the carb and the amount of reverb blow back it hilds is more and it sometimes can cause a short period of four stroke when ciming back on the throttle

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Looks to me like it wouldn't stick out quite as far if you could use a smaller air filter or maybe make an intake duct to relocate the air filter. That filter type is a good idea but it looks like that's the part that sticks out the furthest and it looks like it sticks out beyond the clutch case where the carb is about even with it or slightly inboard...
That might be enough to keep from hitting it with your leg.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Looks to me like it wouldn't stick out quite as far if you could use a smaller air filter or maybe make an intake duct to relocate the air filter. That filter type is a good idea but it looks like that's the part that sticks out the furthest and it looks like it sticks out beyond the clutch case where the carb is about even with it or slightly inboard...
That might be enough to keep from hitting it with your leg.
Exactly right Davezilla, the filter is part of the issue, but the improvement in legroom is not enough to give me room even losing the cool looking filter since it still interferes with my leg. I did try a stocker as well but no good.