where to buy a c clip

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Re: where to but a c clip

hey everyone, i lost my c clip that goes on the carburettor needle,does anyone know where i can buy a replacement? thanks in advance
On the right of the forum page click on thats dax, go to his parts section and look through the pages, he sells the needle and clup together I dont know of where to get the clip by itself but someone may have them.

You may do a google search for small E clips and be able to find a source in your country so you dont have to pay some crazy shipping charge.I'm not sure what size clip they are but I'm guessing about 1 /16" or maybe 3/64 of course its probably actually a metric size but all I can relate to by lookng is our measurements and not metric when its something that small.

Map

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
Re: where to but a c clip

NOTE: if you've ever run a 'cycle at the drags under NHRA rules, you'll know that the clip on your master link must be removed and replaced with a double wrap of safety wire on each pin - for the carb needle, I'd use a single wrap as the groove is smaller and still leave the 1/8 inch tail on it

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
take the needle and barrel to a napa or oreillys, they can help match one. the c clip is just a standard hardware part
I agree with this, rather than waiting around for one to be shipped to you, go to any automotive hardware store, they usually sell packs full of various sized clips (just like the half-moon [woodruff] keys) but you may be able to buy one on its own. Just bring your original with you, or measure yours with a caliper