Carburators

GoldenMotor.com

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
Ok here is the information......

Bike---------------------------------Cranbrook

Carb New ---------------------------SHAC Clone

Got the carb from Piston Bike and it came with the wrong filter so that is a issue. I got a offset pipe , intake, and that won't work. So the main issue is this. Can anyone tell me how the cable goes into the carb, that is through the top but the spring is offset so the cable won't go through it but must to get into the notch at the bottom. Scratching head here. I know it has a simple answer so tell me. lol I know there is a thin filter I think because not going to use the offset intake /for I do not want the carb out there in the wind, looks out of place but with the short manifold that went with the NT not much wiggle room back there.

Simple as the NT is there was no adjusting or fixing the old one so changed but will probably be going back with the another NT. Ok too much info I bet the main question was the running of the cable into the carburator. Thanks gphil

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
Ok, the cable goes behind the spring into the slide and then the spring sits on top of the slide .Then when you put back together you'll have to push the choke hook backwards to get it down in there .
I hope this helps you figure it out good luck .

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
Yes it does I just was not sure it went on the side. I will look at it tomorrow and try it. Is there a filter that will go on there in that tight space. Not going to use the offset, sticks out too far unless there is a shorter offset. I have not looked. But thanks for the heads up I remember seeing just what you described. gphil