How are your Preddy's doin?

GoldenMotor.com

familyguy

Jan 7, 2012
lincoln, ca
thanks chainmaker! i wish they gave id measurements, od isnt super important... i guess 1-1.25 od would be relatively close to what i need id...maybe ill call them tomorrow

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
Just scored a 79cc preddy on eBay of some wholesale group for $70... it was one of those items that was opened and returned to the store for some reason... hopefully it doesn't have any major issues
If it was Tadd, your O.K. I've bought 4 engines from them and all ran great. A 79cc and 99c Predator were brand new and never ran.

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Yea it was from tadd, whew took a little of my chest. I was kinda nervous it was gonna be badly defective inside somehow.

He also sold a 99cc preddy for 22.50+25 shipping... It looked dusty and used and was missing some pieces but it looked good still, let's just say I was tempted haha

I'm having alot of trouble finding a rear moped hub. I have dh 24 inch hoop from my boxer that I wanna lace it too.

Some of the holes got messed up so I drilled them out to we're they only take 10-11g spokes

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
I got my sleeve today for the predator that lets you put 3/4" on the 5/8's shaft...came with a taller keyway too from an ebay seller also....gotta dig out that cvt now!dance1

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
well the cvt isnt gonna go on the 99....the driver clutch has a built in key and once you use the sleeve youre pretty much stuck, yould hafta machine a groove on the other side.........so, Im gonna just grab a 212 for now. ......... small delay

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
yah, those honda's are nice , its just they cost alot more. you could buy 3 HF's for the price if you shop carefully and split up sizes

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
yah, those honda's are nice , its just they cost alot more. you could buy 3 HF's for the price if you shop carefully and split up sizes
Yes that is true, these engines do cost a pretty Penny. The shaft size is 3/4" on the GX120 & the GX160. I was thinking about the GX100 but it's a 5/8" shaft & I wanted the 3/4" shaft. Also I found quit a bit of option hop up parts on the GX120 where I couldn't find any hop up parts on the GX100.

Last edited:

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
I found a used 120 and a 160 locally for $100...at that price I may hafta lower my cubic inches a bit!

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
people with the 99cc.....I havent seen too many videos on them or finished build performance tests......kinda wondering how the 99 has worked out for everyone. Have enough umph? takeoff grunt is more important to me than blasting down the road at 50

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
I can see spending the money for a 212cc, but not a 79 or 99. First of all these are low rpm motors designed to run at a consistent rpm. Taking them and removing the governor and pumping a bunch of fuel and air into them at different loads has got to be more than they can handle. Granted they are bigger than the 49cc, but the HS and Honda's are designed for high rpm applications such a weedeaters, etc. Now the 212cc is a different story, mostly because of its high HP anyway. 6.5HP is more than you really need, and the 212 has a lot of parts that are similar to the Honda 160 and 200, engines that are already used for go-kart racing applications. I did the math and a basic 212 with parts from AGK is about the same price as the 79/99 with aftermarket parts also. So why spend all that cash for such a little upgrade? Just my opinion, not knocking some of the builds I have seen, but I have had a Titan 49cc running on a huge stretch frame for about two years and it has been more than enough engine for my big Welsh butt. If I ever do stray towards a bigger engine, it will be the Dupor 196cc that AGK sells, it will be more than enough to run my bike, plus pull a trailer or sidecar on a daily basis.

Don P

Sep 1, 2010
indiana
Hi all

i just got a 79cc Preddy at HF for $79 hummm $1.00 a cc. just going to do some port clean up and new carb and pipe. O by the way a 79cc Preddy fits vertical in a 1957 straight bar panther. i will start a thread on this build when i get some more parts.

3600 rpm a 25 mph dose that sound about right?

my goal for this build is gas milage every day cruiser not racer. we have a 25 mph speed limit here and it is enforced with a vengeance. the mayer is broke he need our money. lol

Don P

Last edited:

jimmymc2286

Nov 26, 2012
Indiana
Hi all

i just got a 79cc Preddy at HF for $79 hummm $1.00 a cc. just going to do some port clean up and new carb and pipe. O by the way a 79cc Preddy fits vertical in a 1957 straight bar panther. i will start a thread on this build when i get some more parts.

3600 rpm a 25 mph dose that sound about right?

my goal for this build is gas milage every day cruiser not racer. we have a 25 mph speed limit here and it is enforced with a vengeance. the mayer is broke he need our money. lol

Don P
If this is your first one it will not be your last. 25 mph at 3600 rpm is easy. I cruise around with my sidecar at 22-25 mph all the time. Looking forward to your build.dance1

Don P

Sep 1, 2010
indiana
jimmymc2286 nope i am not a newbie this will be my fourth motorized bicycle.

i cant seem to keep them, people keep begging me to sell them to them. any thing i own is for sale if the money is right.

Don P