Dirt Bike!

GoldenMotor.com

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
so i had an extra engine and gearbox layng around...as wellas a bunch of extra parts.....here is what became of the pile....

more updates and pics to come...just came in for a second to post

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Van,
You're gonna love that front fork. Maybe it'll soften some of the bumpy Denver streets for you. Keep us posted.

Oh, and there's a water bottle stuck in your front spokes :)

Tom

xenodius

May 23, 2012
Spokane, WA
Van,
You're gonna love that front fork. Maybe it'll soften some of the bumpy Denver streets for you. Keep us posted.

Oh, and there's a water bottle stuck in your front spokes :)

Tom
If I may ask tom, which fork is that? I'm in serious need of a new fork; I have a lot of worrisome play in my front shocks!

Also, I like the engine mount! Looks sturdy; is it all spare parts? Where'd you get the black piece that the engine is bolted onto?

Still working on making my ride reliable... if only I started with the experience I have now!

Last edited:

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
its a random motor mount i got from a freind xenodius, might have come from an ezm kit.

that is a suntour or SR xcm 300.. around 150 at your lbs..all spring but works well for motored use...its been on a few of my bikes...no problems yet

took it for a spin...20 mile round trip..no mechanical issues...some things i want to work out but its way fast and really fun...neighborhood of 40-50lbs!

The suntour fork is going to be swapped to a monarch and possibbly a disk brake...few other things...but it works great for now

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Very nice looking bike!
Thank you for the pics too. I plan on installing a suspension fork on my beach cruiser in the future and now I know what it would look like.