swede swap

GoldenMotor.com

monark

Feb 1, 2012
sweden
A piece of winter pleasure here from snowy sweden,a one day indoor market arranged 3 times/year by a swedish magazine called classic motor! it ranges from old toys,repl. parts for cars but mostly old mopeds and cycles :) :) :)
since here in sweden we dont have a tradition of neither cruisingbikes or chinakits im posting this under the most classic forum on the site since its mostly old parts,i did score this morning,The fork on the pics for about 40 $,Im keen on Buying the albion gearbox from a old 98cc bike,should i? ca: 70 $
Enjoy!

Attachments

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Cool, im beginning to think i may as well live in a 3rd world country. Here in OZ we dont have anything like this or some of the shows posted lately..... its probably just as well as id leave that swap meet with an empty wallet :-(

monark

Feb 1, 2012
sweden
its probobly impossible not to cause a bit of envy posting this but as harry76 said,you got to have a future goal in mind before you enter this market atleast if you want to keep the wife somewhat calm :) you have to consider before you by old carbs and stuff,look good but what about jets and spare parts,likevise with old hubs.there where some BSA stuff but nothing of value to your project harry (no numbers on it,just bsa logo)

Attachments

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I sure do like that fork. We very rarely see that style over here and not that cheap.

I would think that Albion gearbox is also a good buy for the money. I have a Hurth gearbox like it but it was made to go behind a 200cc motor. The bike I wanted to build will never get built but if it was good for a 98cc I'd put it behind the Villiers motor I have.
I'd buy it but make sure there are flowers for your young lady in the other hand.

Steve.

monark

Feb 1, 2012
sweden
I sure do like that fork. We very rarely see that style over here and not that cheap.

I would think that Albion gearbox is also a good buy for the money. I have a Hurth gearbox like it but it was made to go behind a 200cc motor. The bike I wanted to build will never get built but if it was good for a 98cc I'd put it behind the Villiers motor I have.
I'd buy it but make sure there are flowers for your young lady in the other hand.

Steve.
haha,thanks.been married to the "young" lady for 12 years now and with a shared bankaqount she will notice the flowers as well:)

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
My thoughts were that when you walk in to the house with the gearbox in one hand you should have flowers in your other hand. Not many women can be angry if you stopped to buy flowers on the way home.

Helps if you buy flowers for no reason at all but then that takes away from the parts money. 8)

I call them all young ladies. Even my 100 year old mother. My father told me years ago that the young women expect to be called that and the older young ladies will love you for it. He was so right.

Steve.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
My thoughts were that when you walk in to the house with the gearbox in one hand you should have flowers in your other hand. Not many women can be angry if you stopped to buy flowers on the way home.

Helps if you buy flowers for no reason at all but then that takes away from the parts money. 8)

I call them all young ladies. Even my 100 year old mother. My father told me years ago that the young women expect to be called that and the older young ladies will love you for it. He was so right.

Steve.
That old bit of advice still works just fine: I came home not long ago with a bag containing some aluminum, some brass fittings, and a new shrinking hammer, in my left hand. In my right hand I had a big bunch of purple Calla Lilies (my wife's favorite). Very big smile - no questions asked. :)
Take heed, young husbands.

monark

Feb 1, 2012
sweden
A friend of mine has an arrangement with his better half,everytime he is buying something for his car or bike he got to surprise the wife with something equally the amount! The car and the bike remains tot. stock!!rotfl