Reed Valve Kit

GoldenMotor.com

Rocksolidperson

Feb 11, 2012
Australia
Hey ive been wanting to know more infomation regarding this Reed Valve, just do these guys ship to australia they dont say anything about shipping?

Tohri

Aug 28, 2010
People's Republik of Massachusetts
Okay, THIS looks like it could really improve these china girl motors.

BUT.

This isn't a bolt and go if you want to see real power gains that justify another hundred dollars.
To do that you'll need to cut boost ports up from the intake area, and avoid the piston ring retaining pins. To do THAT you need a good dremel tool, Carbide cutting burrs, and a REALLY GOOD idea of what you're doing. The good news is that these motors are so sloppy that chances are that it'll all work out.

I'd only reccomend this part if you've Already replaced the head with a puch head, dismantled and inspected your motor when brand new, cleaned up all the porting, balanced / trued the crank shaft, Stuffed the crank case, and you've got a nice performance pipe on the bike already.
If you haven't done these things already, the reed valves will be a waste of cash, because:
You'll realize better performance gains from the DIY stuff first, then the pipe, Then the head, then The reeds. But for absolute best performance, do them all when you get the motor.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
not sending anyone money that only has a cell number listed for contact info
Dave Rust was at the last Grange race where his brother came in 2nd
in the 66 cc 2 stroke class.

Dave is casting some very cool trophies for the next race.

Dave will be at the next Grange race and he answers the phone, I never
have any trouble getting in touch with him.

Your cautions about Dave and Arrow Motorized Cycles are unwarranted.
They use Paypal and there are no complaints......

Arrowcycles

Feb 15, 2012
La Habra, CA
REAL phone number
address of shop
or no dead presidents will be sent in any form

Just to set the record straight, I do have a real phone number that I would be glad to answer any questions that you may have. And secondly, I do not list the address of my shop on my site because I run my shop out of my home and I have a wife and child at home and due to the safety for my family, you never know who you are talking to online. But I have no problem if you want to visit my shop and see my products, just call first so I that I know to expect you. If you are concerned about making a purchase, all transactions go through Pay Pal. You are also welcome to purchase my products through Ebay.

Sorry if there has been any kind of confusion or misunderstanding. My customers are valuable to me. I'm just a small guy running a small company and love helping people with what they love to do and maybe make better for all of us too.

Sincerely,
David Rust

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
My question is do you modify the piston by cutting out a hole where the port enters the motor? Piston port or reed valve are two choices, it's an either situation, not an and, running a piston port and a reed valve is redundant and unneeded. the idea is to prevent the fresh charge from exiting the carb when the piston is coming down to compress the fuel/air mix in the crank case. On a piston port the piston provides that seal and the reeds on a reed valve do the same

Having two such seals is completely un-nessessary.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I went over to Dave's place on friday and rode a couple of
his reed valved motorized cycles. They haul butt up hills! :D
and they rev out. I was going 38 mph on a 44 tooth sprocket.
I will post some pics up soon.

Dave casts his own aluminum reed valve cages out of high $$$$
drag boat pistons and connecting rods from blown and "old" motors.

Here is a pic of the drag boat that Dave was the crew chief on.
He has helped destroy millions of dollars worth of drag motors!!! :D
I don't know why he is fooling around with these crappy chinese
motors but he says he is having too much fun. :)

The man is a mechanical genius, his full suspension motored bike is
really cool.

Last edited:

Rocky_Motor

Nov 14, 2011
Fort Collins & Boulder
Just to set the record straight, I do have a real phone number that I would be glad to answer any questions that you may have. And secondly, I do not list the address of my shop on my site because I run my shop out of my home and I have a wife and child at home and due to the safety for my family, you never know who you are talking to online. But I have no problem if you want to visit my shop and see my products, just call first so I that I know to expect you. If you are concerned about making a purchase, all transactions go through Pay Pal. You are also welcome to purchase my products through Ebay.

Sorry if there has been any kind of confusion or misunderstanding. My customers are valuable to me. I'm just a small guy running a small company and love helping people with what they love to do and maybe make better for all of us too.

Sincerely,
David Rust
Can we get a link to your ebay page?

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
David
Thanks for joining. Sorry bud but when looked at your site was a bit sketchy and being i really don't trust anyone on the net or otherwise even less if dealing with craigslist.
Works address is well known but where i live is kept to a select few.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I ordered two of these on Tuesday night & I got them both today! Lightning fast shipping & a quality product! (^)
I even had time to install one & test it a little. ;)