time to start building another

GoldenMotor.com

whitey

Mar 7, 2010
Western Australia
I noticed that there are quite a few old brass ones available. They would look pretty awesome, but I think I will just go with a basic steel one. I wouldn't want to ruin/ modify a collectors item just for a fuel tank. Also they cost about 10 times the price. I plan on making this build as cheap as possible. All my funds are going towards my clone build

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I had thought at one time to use a fire extinguisher, but didn't pursue it. Something I had wondered about was any chemical residue and how to be sure there was nothing harmful which could leach out to do something unwanted to the engine. Probably not a concern, but I have no idea what chemicals are used in fire extinguishers.
SB

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Unless you use a plain water extinguisher with thin walls, an extinguisher may be unneccessarily thick and heavy........ some 3 or 4 " exhaust tubing wouldnt cost much and would be a lot thinner and lighter

whitey

Mar 7, 2010
Western Australia
Today the rubbish tip proved fruitful. I managed to get an almost perfect frame, a big steel chimney pipe for the fuel tank and a heap of old 28" wheels.

I don't know what I should do with the wheels. They are nice old rolled steel ones, with pin striping. I managed to get 3 pairs each pair with a coaster brake. They would be good for a 1:1 scale replica