Leaky Leaky

GoldenMotor.com

Scootershack

Jun 21, 2011
North Dakota
So i have some problems with my bike. First off I got it for free from a guy who works on the park board and somebody abandoned it in the park. He gave it to me and have enjoyed it since. But there are many problems with it. My float bowl leaks and I have never seen a gasket to replace it and it is so small that i can't make it myself..idk if there is some sealer i could buy or what? Also I noticed yesterday that i have some liquid (probably gas) coming from my spark plug and also around my outlet for my exhaust coming from my head. I replaced that gasket and I don't think thats the problem..maybe my gasket is cracked?? And finally I would like any tips on how to identify what size my motor is. Ive tried multiple times to put pictures on here but my computer won't let me for some reason..really annoying..but probably a good thing. You guys would laugh at how rough of shape/dirty my bike is. Thanks for any imput. Scooter

yodar

Jul 26, 2010
Orlando Fl
EXHAUSTE GASKET is very apt to fail; (poor quality) and should be replace whether it needs it or not because it WILL fail

around the plug itmay be oil from too rich oil-gas mix

Disassemble mating surfaces of float bowl where leakage observed, clean with white gas, Coleman fuel or naphtha which dry to an oil free state(no film)and apply RTV silicone sealant according to the destructions on the container
do nothing till it has cured

rotsa ruck

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Most silicone based gasket sealers are not compatible with gasoline. Read the label of the product you plan to use first. Many of them will say: "Not for use in contact with gasoline".

If the spark plug is leaking, tighten it. Use a torque wrench and tighten the plug to 90 inch pounds. You'd be better off with a new plug that has a new gasket.

Make a new exhaust manifold gasket from 1/8" thick gasket material made for exhaust/high temperature...not cardboard.
Tom

yodar

Jul 26, 2010
Orlando Fl
Most silicone based gasket sealers are not compatible with gasoline. Read the label of the product you plan to use first. Many of them will say: "Not for use in contact with gasoline".

If the spark plug is leaking, tighten it. Use a torque wrench and tighten the plug to 90 inch pounds. You'd be better off with a new plug that has a new gasket.

Make a new exhaust manifold gasket from 1/8" thick gasket material made for exhaust/high temperature...not cardboard.
Tom
fuel resistant sealant
strangely is is ten times cheaper on ebay than at a local vendor

Seal-All Gas & Oil Resistant Adhesive 1 oz

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pu...IFwgfaEVq6bMMtOVmOl-tuLmpR186tRUAhLGxipJZ5iJQ

seal-all gas & oil resistant - HOUSEHOLD GLUES - CEMENTS

seal-all gas & oil resistant - HOUSEHOLD GLUES - CEMENTS

Scootershack

Jun 21, 2011
North Dakota
Ok well right now im running 32-1 oil/gas mix. When i said I think my gasket is cracked i meant my head because its coming out a little before where the head and muffler meet. I am deffinatly gonna look into the silicone adhesive. Any idea on how to identify whether or not my motor is a 49 or 60 cc? Any measurements i could use?

Scootershack

Jun 21, 2011
North Dakota
Ok ill try..only one problem..I can't get my head off, haha. There are two mounting bolts on the left side of my mortor when sitting on the bike..anymore Im missing? anything I should look for/watch out for when taking it off?