asel.mike

Jun 2, 2011
Katy, Tx
yea around here the only hills were put there by men, not nature
im about to head to the local bike shop and ask them for an old tire
ill keep yall posted

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Great build! My only concern is the drive roller is quite a ways out there and appears unsupported on the end opposite the engine. I imagine it gonna be hard on the crank like that. Maybe you could center and weld in a stub shaft of 1/2" dia., then add a pillow bearing to support it. Might be fine as it is, who knows. Just something to think about. I like it though, youre gonna have fun with it!
I agree.

Very nice, clean build.dance1

asel.mike

Jun 2, 2011
Katy, Tx

added the pillow bearing
it's just an idler pulley i had lying around the shop

added the tire around the roller for better traction

next step is to mount a larger gas can

i also bought a little exhaust pipe from oreillys today and ill work on a way to mount it eventually

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
OH MAN! I am scraping 2 lawn tractors. I have a bunch! 2 cool. Thanks Mike and CB. I didn't catch it until ya pointed it out.

and 2 sets of ridding mower wheels, gears and belts if any one needs em.

(I been laying awake at night trying to figure out how to use the trannys as pushers. 7 gears. one is reverse!)

asel.mike

Jun 2, 2011
Katy, Tx
thanks deacon! i really appreciated your advice on the roller alot. ill keep ya'll posted on its reliability and other modifications i make

also thank you cannonball for the advice on the pillow bearing i think its gonna increase the longevity of the engine

what are your ideas dan?
pictures?

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
These other guys know a lot more about motors and building than me I just talk a lot more. I am curious to see how your rubber holds up. I put that on a pipe nipple and it didn't stay well, but I put it on a wheel in place of tire and I can' run it off or tear it off. I think that is because aluminum is more porous than steal so the glue held better.

asel.mike

Jun 2, 2011
Katy, Tx
its not glued on that well, im depending on the clamps. and if it doesnt hold up, who cares!!!!
the tire was free!!!

honestly i dont know much about motors either. mostly fabrication and BS-ing ;D

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
good im getting ready to start on my chainsaw bike again. I'm going to prowl the pawn shops in town to find the motor tomorrow. How many ccs is your motor.

asel.mike

Jun 2, 2011
Katy, Tx

the tire style roller got shredded in like 6 miles! hahahhahah
oh well
we now know one great way to dispose of an old tire

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
"When asked about it, Edison allegedly said, "I have not failed 1000 times. I have successfully discovered 1000 ways to NOT make a light bulb ..."

Just part of the fun. Hats off 2U Mike, for sharing a "how not2"!

LOL, 'cause Lord knows, I would prolly have tried it. snork

asel.mike

Jun 2, 2011
Katy, Tx
hahahahah i appreciate your outlook
im gonna experiment with some other methods but for now the regular old steel roller will do

bishop letov

Jul 3, 2011
Bucks County , Pennsylvania
Mike, If you use a steel thinner can or something of that sort then just keep in consideration the distance that it will have to draw from. One person had said that it would be hard on the fuel lines.... You can get grommets from Lowes or Home Depot which would aide in also making it pretty airtight and would definitely be nicer on the fuels lines. I used that sort of a set up on a scoot I built a few years ago because the original tank on the 2 cycle was chewed through by the pavement in heavy lean turns..

Btw Excellent work!!!

SHARPMACHINE

Jul 13, 2011
Michigan
Newbie here.

I am wanting to build a bike much like this. I also want it to be removable (use the bike to just ride as well).

Nice build!!!