Mini-Chopper to Push Trailer

GoldenMotor.com

SJN

Feb 9, 2011
Pinon Hills, CA
Ok. Ill call ya crazy. Lol. I thought about an axle mount but they put the center of gravity to high and makes an unstable trailer with one wheel. The best handling trailers it seems are those that can keep the center of gravity below that line between the hitch and rear tire where it meets the ground. I was able to pedal this one with no hands on the bars.

SJN

Feb 9, 2011
Pinon Hills, CA
I have been bouncing an idea around my head but still have yet to settle on anything good. What I would like to do is use one brake lever for the rear wheel on the bike and trailer yet be able to adjust the braking force independent of one another. Any ideas?

SJN

Feb 9, 2011
Pinon Hills, CA
Well, it looks like I'm blowing the budget now. $4 for stickers and need a can of red paint. A little paint and complete wiring, and it should be ready to ride.

Newest photos:

SJN

Feb 9, 2011
Pinon Hills, CA
ToxicAz, you are 100% right. AFter lurking around this site for a time and seeing Inzane's trailer I thought building a pusher would be a blast. I also wanted one that would do well in sand, over bumps and handle well since I live in the desert and we have pretty much two types of roads: Dirt and paved-but-would-be-better-off-as-dirt.

This build has been fun on two counts. One is all the design work and problem solving (what would work best and look cool) and the other is the challenge of doing it for free (or at least as free as possible, lol).

It's just a lot of sitting on my butt and suddenly jumping up going, "I know!!" while going to the 'Great Bucket O' Stuff'.

It really is a fun mental workout.

SJN

Feb 9, 2011
Pinon Hills, CA
Well stuff like makin a living got in the way of any real progress this week but I did manage to paint a few things red. Red is going to look way good! Me the bike and trailer will all match the first time my ambition gets ahead of my riding ability. Lol

SJN

Feb 9, 2011
Pinon Hills, CA
Another score! I was just given a full suspension mountain bike. Its beat up and has a few bent parts but not a big problem. I will however need to buy more red paint. Its yellow. Yellow is not going to work! So now this thing is going to take a bit longer, cost a bit more, and when done my butt wont be sore from no suspension! Fun stuff!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I am no expert on pushers, but would highly recommend getting a seat.

wut?

Know I said this but dang, that thing looks cool!

SJN

Feb 9, 2011
Pinon Hills, CA
More delays. Some small some big but ill get through them. The big one is that we are moving though not far. And the bike has a few issues that need to be fixed. Man i hate when life gets in the way of doing things that are meant to keep a guys mind right! Stay tuned. Lol

SJN

Feb 9, 2011
Pinon Hills, CA
Oh. Hey Dan. Ya know the more I think about it a seat would be a big delay. I aint gonna ride that thing without one! OUCH!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL.

Good luck with the move. They can be big time stressers.

Know what ya mean about stuff getting in the way. Is a bummer

SJN

Feb 9, 2011
Pinon Hills, CA
Wow. Its sorta odd having a project that you are wanting to finish all packed up. Even though the tools stopped for a bit my mind has taken over and has churned out some neat stuff! Cant wait to get back at it!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL SJN, Just showed your latest pics to Carol. She just shook her head and walked away.

Not that she doesn't appreciate the beauty of your work. She is worried I am gonna build one.
(hehe, I am)

SJN

Feb 9, 2011
Pinon Hills, CA
Start drawing up some pictures and leave them where Carol can find them. Make sure you draw them up using a 500cc engine.