GEBE vs DAX

GoldenMotor.com

flynchef

Jun 5, 2008
Wilmington, IL
i have been running a Dax 70cc for over 4 years had a livefast take a dump after 6 mo. dax is the best as far as im concerned. plus Dax offers the best customer service of all i have contacted.

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
I have heard good things about the GEBE and I have a bit over 3,000 miles on my Titan it's so reliable watch my videos man.

I think it all boils down to preference.
Do you want a belt drive or do you want a chain drive?
I've never had a GEBE so I can't comment on it.

Last edited:

Me-N-Mike

Jul 23, 2008
Central PA
I have had a good experience with my GEBE (about 600 miles so far). So far all problems I have experienced have had more to do with my bike than with the kit. My only complaint with the system is the lack of a true freewheel. If you intend to do a fair amount of pedaling w/o the motor, the GEBE may not be the best kit. If you are planning on running with the motor most of the time then I have no problem recommending the GEBE (though I have no experience with other systems).

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i put over a thousand miles on my dax titan before it was stolen. the only maintenance was i changed the oil and had to adjust the idle one time. it was a phenomenal motor and i have another one ordered. also dax takes care of his customers and you will not find a better dealer out their in my opinion

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
3,000 miles on my Titan. I looked into a freewheel sprocket cause less drag is always a good thing but I've been pedaling without engine rather easily. Aside from the little bit of noise from the spinning clutch drum when your pedaling it's really not that bad of a drag at all. In fact just the way it sits I can pedal without engine just by shutting it down.
The gearbox I can put in my pocket. It's a 5 to 1 ratio so that clutch drum does spin quite a bit when your rolling down a big hill but you really don't feel it or at least I don't and it's not gonna fall apart on you.
Yep. That Titan is SOLID. I can't talk for the GEBE cause I've never owned one so again I believe it's preference.
Stay tuned for my trike in a few weeks.... yes. Titan.
Front wheel drive. 20 inch front wheel.

jg767

May 28, 2008
3,000 miles on my Titan. I looked into a freewheel sprocket cause less drag is always a good thing but I've been pedaling without engine rather easily. Aside from the little bit of noise from the spinning clutch drum when your pedaling it's really not that bad of a drag at all. In fact just the way it sits I can pedal without engine just by shutting it down.
The gearbox I can put in my pocket. It's a 5 to 1 ratio so that clutch drum does spin quite a bit when your rolling down a big hill but you really don't feel it or at least I don't and it's not gonna fall apart on you.
Yep. That Titan is SOLID. I can't talk for the GEBE cause I've never owned one so again I believe it's preference.
Stay tuned for my trike in a few weeks.... yes. Titan.
Front wheel drive. 20 inch front wheel.
I was going to match up a dax titan with a staton rear hub with a lefthand freewheel sprocket, but my titan order went awry and I bought acomplete staton chain drive kit. I love the freewheel option, I think it's worth the expense to put it on the titan, you just need to mount the proper size sprocket to the freewheel.

Jemma Hawtrey

Dec 29, 2007
Essex, UK
GEBE to be honest would get my vote - the belt drive system is quiet, reliable and like all machines works very well if set up right.

I have done over 900 miles of running on one belt. I can make an easy cruise of 30mph and a top speed of 35mph. This is on the standard gear - it would be faster on the #14 gear.

Mine is a 32cc two stroke motor with a tuned pipe (tanaka manufacturer for carts - better mid range). I got up the steepest local hill here today (1:5 grade) and from a rolling start at 15mph I was still accelerating at the top at 26mph.

I get no transmission noise and good speed and reliability.

While it is true that GEBE is one of the more expensive machines its definately worth the money in my opinion.

Jemma xx