PLEASE HELP! bike isnt starting!

GoldenMotor.com

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
Does the main jet have a hole in it? With the poor to non-existent quality control on these things, maybe they forgot to put a hole in the jet.
It seems like you have tried just about everything possible.
I feel bad that you are having such a hard time with your Motorized Bicycle.
Maybe you should get another carby from your vendor or off of eBay.
Get a nice, simple, easy to use NT carbuetor.
Can you post a picture of your carb?
I'm still not sure if you have an NT or a CNS type of carb.

Last edited:

earl.k

Jan 19, 2011
PA! USA
here is a pic of the stock NT carb...

your carb should say NT on the front face of the covered air filter. and NTTC right above the idle screw and primer..

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
your carb should say NT on the front face of the covered air filter. and NTTC right above the idle screw and primer..
WH carby.JPG

My carb says NT on the front face of the covered air filter, but is says WH right above the idle screw and primer. I guess I have a clone of a clone carburetor!

Last edited:

earl.k

Jan 19, 2011
PA! USA
View attachment 34594

My carb says NT on the front face of the covered air filter, but is says WH right above the idle screw and primer. I guess I have a clone of a clone carburetor!
lol.. if it looks like the pic, its the NT. the one i have came in a 2009 kit so they may make them somewhere different now, or something along that line.

the NT and CNS are alot different.. and are the mainly used carbs on the china girl motors.
so im going to go with that you have the NT. ( if you have the one in the pic)

so have you got it started yet? if not, did you turn in your idle screw. or try playing with the choke to get it running???

liquidmetal

Mar 20, 2011
tennesse
i have the carb in that pic! i have played with the choke quite a bit but i put the idle screw on 3 1/2 turns out like it said in instructions and still have not got it to run

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
Turn the idle screw all the way in for now, we want maximum air flow thru the carby to try to get it started.

Is the carb assembled correctly?
If you look into the carb while turning the throttle, do you see the barrel moving up and down along with the brass-colored needle?
If you take the bowl off, do you see a hole in the jet?
Does everything look OK like in the picture?
jet hole.JPG

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
I think that the carb you have is a lemon.

I know that it is frustrating for you, and all of us on the forum are trying to help, but sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet and give up.

Warm weather is coming and I think that you'd rather be riding your MB than effing around with a carburetor.

After all of this, I think it's time to pick up another carb, get your MB running, then you can play with the old carb at your leisure.

The carbs are cheap, under 20 bucks.

earl.k

Jan 19, 2011
PA! USA
i have the NT carb from the pic. its never been used and has no worth or use to me. other then the covered air filter. id like to keep that because it fits on my CNSv2 and i dont want to run the SBP one in bad weather.

anyway, what im saying is. ill send you my NT carb without filter or cable..(for free) and you can use your filter and cable, plus have spare parts.(from yours) and you can compare them to maybe see what the problem is.

if you are thinking about trying this. PM me where to send it, and i can send it out ASAP.

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
see where the clamp is holding this carb to the manifold, those slots behind the clamp. if the carb isn't pushed all the way onto the manifold it can suck air through those slots and not start. it's a good idea to put some silicone on the inside of the carb in that area.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
i have the NT carb from the pic. its never been used and has no worth or use to me. other then the covered air filter. id like to keep that because it fits on my CNSv2 and i dont want to run the SBP one in bad weather.

anyway, what im saying is. ill send you my NT carb without filter or cable..(for free) and you can use your filter and cable, plus have spare parts.(from yours) and you can compare them to maybe see what the problem is.

if you are thinking about trying this. PM me where to send it, and i can send it out ASAP.
Earl.K, that is so nice of you to make such an offer to a fellow MBer.
That's what I like about this forum, members helping members, I think that is great!

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
....is it a BGF Z80? I had to go into extended dispute with BGF on eBay. The motor would.not.start. I sent the motor back, they sent me another. It started first try. After nearly 2 months of working on the piece of ****. I think when the crank was assembled it was indexed 90 degrees off. I got good spark when it was tested. Just wasn't fireing at the right time.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
Haven't seen any updates from the OP on the status of his MB, so ether it's fixed and running, or it's been dumped on Craigslist.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
Just for future searchers of the archive's info - The carb in question is a Wuhan, they aren't EPA cert. and are cheap knockoffs of the NT.
Good information to know. It may be a cheap knockoff carby, but I can lift the rear wheel of my bike off the ground, press down on the pedal half a turn and the engine starts right up every time!

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
Just for future searchers of the archive's info - The carb in question is a Wuhan, they aren't EPA cert. and are cheap knockoffs of the NT.
Good information to know. It may be a cheap knockoff carby, but I can lift the rear wheel of my bike off the ground, press down on the pedal half a turn and the engine starts right up every time!