Jackshaft problems! stripped 17T drive sprocket! where to buy?!

GoldenMotor.com

Joey

Sep 29, 2010
Australia, Syd
ive only got my jackshaft HD kit from SBP set up and ready to go..
but today i went for a ride and came back to find that my 17T sprocket on the left had been eaten away by the chain! i also found over 5 stiff links in it.. i guess that was the cause..

now i cannot find a place that sells them? i tryed to find it from SBP but cant..
i also need shipping to australia..

any places that would sell me one?

cheers

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Ouch! Never seen that before!

I could have sworn I've seen that 17T on their site before, but now I cannot find it. Usually when they are out of stock they say so, but that 17T seems to have been removed entirely. Anyway, it is not a difficult part to find elsewhere - any place specializing in gears and sprockets should have a catalog to order one, if they don't have one on the shelf.

I'm not familiar with such places in Oz, but out here we have McMaster-Carr and Grainger. I do not know if Grainger ships international, but McMaster-Carr does. Part number there is 6280K551

Specs for local procurement, taken from page for 6280K551:

Type: Drive
For Chain Number: ANSI 41
System of Measurement: Inch
Pitch: 1/2"
Bore: Finished
Finished-Bore Type: Includes ANSI Keyway and 2 Set Screws
Bore Size: 5/8"
Shape: Single Strand With Hub
Number of Teeth: 17
ANSI Keyway Size (Width x Depth): 3/16" x 3/32"
Outside Diameter: 2.98"
Width: 1"
Hub Diameter: 2-15/64"
Material: Steel

Hope this helps!

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
That one is for a #41 chain.

We were temporarily sold out - but have a limited supply now. We will have full stock next Friday. Sorry for the inconvenience. We pulled it down at the time because we didn't know how long the would take for new stock.

Joey I have put them back on the site:SBP 17T Sprocket

Never seen anyone munch a 17T sprocket, but stuff happens. Is everything well aligned and properly tensioned? Have you been working with Ghost0 (Jim)?

give me vtec

Jun 19, 2009
SoCal
I have one of sick bikes original shift kits... it has been through 3 bikes and LOTS of abuse over the last three years. I can remember times when I thought for sure the gears must have broken or chipped... but they never are. they are literally tougher than nails...

just wondering what you did to break one?