GT1 just finished

GoldenMotor.com

tonycar

Nov 24, 2010
australia
G'Day Richard, I used the NEXUS 8-Speed Kit SG-8R36 & Roller Brake SB-8S20. i wish i could get hold of a NuVinci variable transmission hub . Problems with Derailleur Hangers i think as with mine on Trek 820 mountain bike kept coming off [not on the road only when starting] and warring down the chain Jump stop that comes in the shifter kit but they do work ok with some fiddling around . The NEXUS, the ALFINE and the NUVINCI hub do not use Derailleur Hangers as their is only one sprocket on the hub and all the gears are internal in the hub hope this helps see attachments

Attachments

tonycar

Nov 24, 2010
australia
Just finished putting on a few things on the bike
6 volt Charger works from the white wire from engine
old school Horn
and Saddlebags, had to make up my self as i could not find any rack system that did not cover up the fender to much and i got the bags from the ARMY DISPOSAL store, they are made of rubberized canvas, very tough.

Attachments

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
G'Day i wish i could get hold of a NuVinci variable transmission hub .
Ya, the NuVinci Continuously Variable Planetary (CVP) Transmission is pretty slick.

Speed Sensor and Integrated Wiring Harness
Electronic Shift Controller with 32-bit Microprocessor (operates on 12-48VDC)
NuVinci Desktop™ Application and USB Connection Cable
Electronic Shift Actuator with integrated Position Encoder

I like the Grubee bikes, I have built one and you did a nice job on yours.

It seems a little counter productive to use one if you are going to ditch it's entire back wheel and Jackshaft it to me though.
It comes with a hub mounted sprocket and hub brake specifically for left side drive.

Giant makes very sturdy bikes, I ride one, and you get a Giant Roam with gears, shocks and disc brakes for ~$600.

I am not sure if they have the Shimano Alfine 8-Speed Internal hub as an option on that one or not, byt they have bikes with them.

Any, nice build, it looks great and it should certainly hold up.
How do you like the that GT5 Super Rat?
I haven't tried one of them yet.

tonycar

Nov 24, 2010
australia
Hi Kcvale, i was after a cruiser style bike. $600 is more than $499 + i have the spare wheel for when i need it, to me i wanted the shift kit, can not use the original wheel so i put it on my Trek 820 mb, so not counter productive to me, if you put an internal hub on a bike that did not come with one you would have to ditch that wheel {new hub new spokes}and use the same rim only, this is an optimal upgrade

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Cool. I wasn't picking on you.
It's nice you had parts and got the style bike you wanted.

I was just pointing out that there are sturdy bikes out there with shocks AND front and rear disc brakes for ~$100 more is all.

You did a great job and happy with it, that's all that matters bud ;-}

tonycar

Nov 24, 2010
australia
No Problem and i didn't think you were, but this is a frame {GT1} that is built for these motors {2 or 4 stroke} no mods needed and also this thread is for Cruiser style bikes not the ones you have posted, but they are nice bikes, good luck with yours.

give me vtec

Jun 19, 2009
SoCal
very nice bike...

although I only skimmed over the thread, I didnt see any details on the electrical system. how did you wire the lights and blinkers?

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Beautiful bike, you didn't spare a drop of attention to detail and comfort. looks like a bike you could ride all day :D Very nice! What's the top speed you get?

tonycar

Nov 24, 2010
australia
very nice bike...

although I only skimmed over the thread, I didnt see any details on the electrical system. how did you wire the lights and blinkers?
Hi, the battery is 6 volt, from there up to handle bars to switch for head and tail lights, spliced in before main switch to a 6 v motorbike flasher for blinkers [so you can ride with no light on] to a car electric window rocker switch then to blinker lights, to keep it charged i bought a 6 volt Charger works from the white wire from engine [ 6 Volt Electrical Generator for Motorized Bicycle Light - eBay (item 400109304267 end time Mar-09-11 23:35:57 PST) ] hope this helps you

Attachments

Last edited:

tonycar

Nov 24, 2010
australia
Beautiful bike, you didn't spare a drop of attention to detail and comfort. looks like a bike you could ride all day :D Very nice! What's the top speed you get?
Hi ls641, had the little china girl up to 75 kmh with no wind flat road at sea level temp 22 c with the 11 tooth speed sprocket and 65 kmh with 10 tooth sprocket from Sick Bike Parts
hope this helps you

Last edited:

tonycar

Nov 24, 2010
australia
Hi Tony,

Hows your MB going? I have just broken 2 spokes on my back wheel, so time for some TLC and upgrades. Anyways, did you need to purchase the SBP single piece conversion kit when you got the **** kit for your MB?

Thanks Tim

Hi Tim,
I got all the part separately and waked them together, sorry about the time delay as i have been at work for the past 6 weeks [merchant navy] hope this helps.

tonycar

Nov 24, 2010
australia
G`Day Tim, sorry but i had the back wheel built up by a bike shop they ordered every thing for the back wheel , i supplied the rim and shimano nexus 8 hub they got the spokes and they did the back wheel for me, the hub to rim so i am not sure of the size they used, sorry about that

thanks from Tony