Tweak Improved Tim hortons schwinn

GoldenMotor.com

MadC

May 4, 2010
Toronto
Yo, I had my bike fall over and it sorta screwed up the original schwinn gear adjuster so I had to swap it with a lever gear system, I spray painted it black to match, and I added a few things to the build like a bullet headlight, some wheel lights and a speedometer. I can get it up to 45k/m on a straightaway..

New pics, enjoy.

MadC

May 4, 2010
Toronto
I agree, red above the seam and white below. :D

hmmm, if I understand this right... the tank/seat to be red, and the engine to be white? cdi ignition can be red.... can I paint it those colors or is that a professionals job?

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Red tank(white pinstripes?) for sure, seat can hide under your butt. I'd at least do your removable covers white. But if you wanted to go all out, maybe white bbq/engine paint on the jug/case?

That should keep you busy enough for the snowy months ahead :)

How's she running btw?

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Oh yea, anything's paint'able. Just be sure to rough up the surface with 320+ so their's no doubting whether or not paint will stick :)

(when in doubt, primer!)

MadC

May 4, 2010
Toronto
Red tank(white pinstripes?) for sure, seat can hide under your butt. I'd at least do your removable covers white. But if you wanted to go all out, maybe white bbq/engine paint on the jug/case?

That should keep you busy enough for the snowy months ahead :)

How's she running btw?

having an issue with the engine making a squeeling sound as the sprocket turns... I've put the clutch in after start to see If i hear the sound, and i do a tiny bit, more so when the clutch is in and pulling me... it squeels for afew seconds I guess until it heats up then stops the sound, then it sounds fine..

I gotta work on it, probably follow norms thread, but time is so tight for me... I haven't riddin the bicycle for a few days now because i'm worried about that squeeling sound. plus I think I have to change the gasket on exhaust pipe because I've noticed leaking on the engine, burnt oil runs down my engine, think it's spraying because the gasket needs to be changed...

my big worry is the sound of that squeel....

I'll try to give more detail, possible take pictures and photo circle what I mean and where the problems happening. I'm not knowlegable enough to fix these by myself, thats why this site isthe BOMB.dance1

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Sorry for the late reply, but I had a thought. Have a look under your chainside cover, in the center of the gear is a little rod with a bearing behind it. Pull out the rod(careful the bearing doesn't fall out too), and put some grease in there. If that bearing is dry it can cause squealing. That might do it.

gl.