motor 4 stroking

GoldenMotor.com

decou23

Feb 2, 2010
saint charles, mo
2 strok 66cc ran 1 tank of 16/1 and am on the sec. tank of 24/1 and still 4 stroking unless under a load like up a hill is this normal with these motors or will it stop when i swich over to 32/1 or is something els wrong

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
Run at least 32:1. I run 60:1 on synthetic and have been for a year with no problems. Had it all apart a while ago and no scoring or anything.

These aren't the best designed engines and will usually 4-stroke a little bit under light throttle, but at WOT under load it should run nice and clean. If you have 4-stroking you're running to rich. So move the e-clip up a notch.

for mine to run well though, I had to re-jet the carb smaller. I now have almost no 4-stroking. But I'm not running to lean. Just right.

captainrichhill

May 31, 2008
The needle doesn't come in to play after about 80% throttle. The jet regulates the fuel. If you're 4 stroking above 80% you have to change the jet size smaller to get it to lean out. If you're 4 stroking below 80% then the needle might help.

my $.02

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
These engines start to run better & better the more you break them in!!! Don't worry about it 4 stroking just yet... It will probably fix itself as time goes on!!!