Surfer bike!

GoldenMotor.com

Buckphux

Feb 11, 2010
Florida
After alot of failed time at building a trailer for my surfboard... I made these racks super excited about how awesome they are I thought I would share this with everyone else (turns out they were already invented so I can't make any money off of it,lol) And yes that is a roadmaster it was my first build because I rock and with a little help from you guys (thank you again!)

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
my roomate wants me to build him a bike with racks like that, but my main concern is aerodynamics. i've seen guys at the beach get blown over with those on non-motored cruisers, and if you start falling to the left, you've got nowhere to extend your leg to stop you from falling, and crushing your board.

so what i'm asking, is, have you ridden it yet? does it work? and how scary is it in the wind?

Buckphux

Feb 11, 2010
Florida
I don't have any trouble with it really..going forward the the board slices threw the wind and any side wind doesnt really effect it. But i can see a big wind blowing you over but then again if it's super windy surfing will prolly suck anyway so why are you out? I ride along with my 7 foot board (in the bag) and strap it down but now you've got me scared about crushing my board..lol so maybe I'll detach the fins before I goto the beach..just in case.

palmclub

Feb 17, 2010
Los Olivos Ca.
After alot of failed time at building a trailer for my surfboard... I made these racks super excited about how awesome they are I thought I would share this with everyone else (turns out they were already invented so I can't make any money off of it,lol) And yes that is a roadmaster it was my first build because I rock and with a little help from you guys (thank you again!)

i like your idea, but COPPER

palmclub

Feb 17, 2010
Los Olivos Ca.
i,m not bustin your chops ,, its just when i first saw it my gut feeling said cool ,,but with copper would look so cool ,, might suprize you to coppers cheap i ts just me i like the metel look, but good on you

Buckphux

Feb 11, 2010
Florida
Nah, I usually have it in a bag tied down.I just took this board out so people could see what it is. I think i'm gonna paint them blue and put clear coat on it so it doesn't chip off.