4 strok'n

GoldenMotor.com

ct66rider

Jan 20, 2010
ct
its running very rich and i sealed all my air leaks gapped my plug and it wont rev high at all it just 4 strokes and bogs down really bad and my clip is at the top what else can i do?

freewheeling frank

Mar 10, 2009
ridgway colorado
what elevation are you? is the engine broken in good? i have to put on about 200 miles before they feel good then i downsize the jet and i mean 1/2 the size as stock but i live at 7k feet and go to 95 or 10k but breaking these mills in proper i think is crucial, that is why i leave the jet alone on braek in i want alot of oil going thru the mill once it starts to feel good to me the i lean em up hope this helps frank

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
its running very rich and i sealed all my air leaks gapped my plug and it wont rev high at all it just 4 strokes and bogs down really bad and my clip is at the top what else can i do?

I was having this same problem, choking down so bad that it would hardly run, it was very obvious that it was getting way to much gas, I just resolved the bogging down problem with one of my carbs. about an hour ago. I removed the carb. and took the bowl off and bent the 2 tabs that the float rest against that work the inlet needle down right out on the end, ( about 1/8"-3/16" back from end ) I angled them down at maybe 45 degree angle or so and put it back on the engine and wah lah.....! it quit flooding down like it was now it still wants to 4 stroke & sputter at high RPM a little but tomorrow I will take it off again and lower my metering needle a notch and hope that will fix it.

If you haven't already done it give this a shot, it worked for me and it only took me about 3 days to give it a try, I had bent the arms down a little yesterday but evidently I didnt bend them down enough, I bent them more and now she's running pretty darn good, just a little more fine tuning is all I think I need now. give this a try....maybe as simple as readjusting the float level...

brnot

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
mapbike, the throttle needle clip doesn't do much to adjust fuel flow at WOT, it's for low and midrange. Good call on the float height, but to really get these dialed in, you have to downjet, either with solder and a drill, or replacing the jet with a smaller one. After you do that, you can probably move the needle clip back down again.

These carbs take Bing jets, right?
Yes you are very right Nougat after having 3 of the NT carbs on my engine I can see that they will need to be letted down a little they all run like pulling 2-3 spark plug wires of a V8 engine and floorboarding it... just a bunch of buck-in and no rpm's.

But that not my biggest issue now though, the one carb I have that I finally got running without flooding down is doing it again the needle & seat just will not hold I think that the plastic floats in these carbs are just to heavy or something even with the float level set so low that there should only be about 1/2" to 5/8" of fuel in the bowl the bowl will fill up to the point that when the engine is reved up with the air filter off gas will spray heavily out of the vent hole in the carb that is right above where the choke lever goes through it. I have about decided to junk all of these NT carbs and fit something else on my engine, these carbs are running me ragged and I'm very tired of messing with the junky things.

:-||

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
send them all to me. i love these carbs.:)
you wouldnt love the ones I have, I have been rebuilding carburetors for years on just about every kind of engine you can imagine weedeaters, chainsaws, tecumseh, Briggs, Honda, chevy 2G, 4GC, Quadrajet's, the old carter AFB's, Holley's ect. and these are the first new carbs I've see that I have had so much grief with, I ordered 2 engines from BGF, I've used both carbs on the one engine I'm running and I thought maybe I just got a couple bad carbs that have issues with the floats or the needle & seat so.... I ordered another new carb. from you guessed it BGF got it today put it on and guess what fuel level in bowl running so high that it's flooding just like the other 2, I have not reset the float level in this last one yet so this could be the problem... I find out tomorrow, but it is just blowing my mind that I would get 3 of the very same carbs that started off brand new and all three of them have faulty Floats or needles or seat or all of the above....????????????? I am just really scratching my head over this situation dont know what to think right now... one of them was running so dang good for about an hour or so and then BAM...! the flooding started all over again with it.....! Maybe I need to buy a carb from someone else and see if maybe I'm getting some junk carbs from that BGF guy....! I just dont know at this point...!

Alson

May 16, 2010
Kankakee Illinois
I got a new upgrade Nt Carb from Spooky Tooth and I got mode poaer but it sputters when I dont give it throtel. Im trying to soleve the problem with a hotter plug NGK B5r.ly.