Drilling holes in rear sprocket.

GoldenMotor.com

Xiodinc

Oct 15, 2009
San Jose CA
Alright, so i just ordered a 36 t Rear sprocket from Pirate cycles, and it only has 3 holes. I want to use the rag joint that uses 9 holes, but i don't know where to properly drill the holes.

The three holes in the 36 t sprocket are a bit bigger than the normal holes as well.

Does anyone have any mathematical suggestions on where to properly drill, or do i just follow the 44 t sprocket, and use that as a stencil?

Also, wouldn't the wheel or sprocket not work properly if it isn't drilled in the correct spots?

troyboy

Your East Coast Gasbike Connection
Apr 18, 2009
Wista ma
Alright, so i just ordered a 36 t Rear sprocket from Pirate cycles, and it only has 3 holes. I want to use the rag joint that uses 9 holes, but i don't know where to properly drill the holes.

The three holes in the 36 t sprocket are a bit bigger than the normal holes as well.

Does anyone have any mathematical suggestions on where to properly drill, or do i just follow the 44 t sprocket, and use that as a stencil?

Also, wouldn't the wheel or sprocket not work properly if it isn't drilled in the correct spots?
Sorry Xiodinc..
I don't have a problem refunding your money for the sprocket if you want.

Those sprockets are designed to work with our Manic Mechanic Sprocket Adapters.

I think dax sells 36 tooth sprockets that are punched for the 9 hole rag joint your using.
If your holes are even a little off your screwed.

Sorry for the confusion.

Let us know,
Justin

Last edited:

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
you can be a fudge off! not much, but just a little! keep your chain a little loose and you will be fine. use the one sprocket for template and get it as close as possible to the other! in fact- bolt both sprockets together first and then drill! and you should have no major problems!

Xiodinc

Oct 15, 2009
San Jose CA
damn, i used the sprocket as a template, but the center hole is just a wee bit too big, and the holes dont line up! now i have 9 small holes and 3 larger ones. what should i do?

Xiodinc

Oct 15, 2009
San Jose CA
Do you think you can take the sprocket back even if it has drill holes in it? The adaptors are way outta my price range, and I'm not even old enough to have a job to pay for them.

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
here's another sprocket Idea, has worked flawless for thousands of miles. a little slicker than the first one on the blue gt. the sprocket on it was expensive to make. my new set up was alot cheaper, the sprocket is a steel bicycle sprocket 39t. a few mods and I was wheeling down the road.Sweeeet

Attachments

Xiodinc

Oct 15, 2009
San Jose CA
Justin, can i send these two sprockets back to you? I just dont have the money for the adapter, but will probably be buying from you soon enough.

troyboy

Your East Coast Gasbike Connection
Apr 18, 2009
Wista ma
Justin, can i send these two sprockets back to you? I just don't have the money for the adapter, but will probably be buying from you soon enough.
Xiodinc,

I can't take back the sprocket that you drilled the 9 holes in incorrectly. I certainly will take back the one untouched one though. I tried to stop you prior to doing this. Said I would gladly refund you your money prior to the drilling massacre happened earlier in this thread.. Everybody else told you to go for it. Not me!

I can give you a few options in which one may suit you.. Here they are.

Option 1
Send me back your 1 good sprocket and $10.00 and I'll give you an adapter for your wheel. You can use your holed up sprocket on the adapter I'll send you. A few things will need to be considered here. The 3 original holes are still usable. Also, you have a wheel that works with our adapter. Do you?

option 2
If you want to send me back the one not drilled sprocket I will gladly refund your moneys for that one (non drilled) sprocket plus the money for shipping of it which equals $25.00.. I think I am being fair considering our no return policy. We guarantee our products be free from defects but can not take returns due to the nature of this business. I hope you can understand my point of view here X..

I do not usually communicate through posts so if you want me to answer your questions in a timely manner please Email me, Pm me, or call Me. I'm always available through one of those methods..

Thanks and I am sorry about this..

Justin