a little help here please?

GoldenMotor.com

the paper boy

Jan 8, 2010
CA. Placentia
so yesterday i just started my motor again with the choke all the way down but i have not ran it for 4 days straight and when i started it i had the choke all the way down it was running pretty good but then i had to stop at a stop sign so i pulled the clutch and then pulled the brake and came to a complete stop and as i waited for my turn to go the motor sounded like it was going faster and faster so i pushed the kill switch button and the motor turned off what do you think that sound was?.duh.

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
Check where the throttle cable goes into the carb, sometimes the metal end cap on the plastic cable housing gets stuck on top of the carb and forces the engine to race. If thats the case, just pull it and pop it back down into the carb and you'll be fine.

the paper boy

Jan 8, 2010
CA. Placentia
Check where the throttle cable goes into the carb, sometimes the metal end cap on the plastic cable housing gets stuck on top of the carb and forces the engine to race. If thats the case, just pull it and pop it back down into the carb and you'll be fine.
hey i got it thx
.flg.

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
So I'm assuming that was the problem after all? Hopefully thats all it was, very easy to fix and you'll know next time it happens exactly whats going on. And it probably will happen again, lol.