loud, wierd noise at WOT

GoldenMotor.com

Xiodinc

Oct 15, 2009
San Jose CA
ok when i'm riding my bike, i can ride it fine, but all of a sudden, it makes a loud throbbing sound. It happens at WOT and sometimes in between. What causes this, and what is the fix?

Xiodinc

Oct 15, 2009
San Jose CA
what is the exaust gasket look like? is it like " <o> " a circle with circular edges, that attaches to the muffler? and also, i noticed my muffler was dripping something black. normal? i also accidentally dinged off the little end piece on the muffler.

wildemere

Feb 12, 2008
Newcastle
Probably "4 stroking", It will need the carb tuned.

Assuming it is a new Happy Time install, leave it like that untill it is run in, then lean out the mixture.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
what is the exaust gasket look like? is it like " <o> " a circle with circular edges, that attaches to the muffler? and also, i noticed my muffler was dripping something black. normal? i also accidentally dinged off the little end piece on the muffler.
Maybe its the damage to the muffler end piece that causes the muffler to make more noise u think.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Don't muffler bearing make that sound when they start to go bad?
Could be it running a little dry but he did say it was dripping or was it spotting?
Is it that time of the month?
That little part dinged of the muffler must of threw it all out of the fine balance these are in, it's a yen yang sort of thing.:crash:
OK!!!
Your chain loose? Rear sprocket a little out of true?
Did you buy one of these china engine kits?!! OH! NO!
loose or broken engine mounting bolts?
I hope you didn't use JB weld on it anywhere you need the SumYukkyStuff sold in China

Last edited:

PaulFlorida

Dec 4, 2009
central florida
The humming depends on the color of the power-band in the motor. May need to change it out for another one. Try the yellow power-band. Or it could be the clutch humming at speed. I'm sure they arn't too balanced, and mine sounds like humming at WOT.