bike motor

GoldenMotor.com

tbolt76

Jul 26, 2009
deltona fl
Well i have had my motor kit from boygofast for 3 months now and at first i was having some real frustrating problems particurly with the clutch and especially the chain tensioner and I had to drill out the screws to the cover to put the chain on cause they were in way to tight and would not budge now i have a shorter chain tensioner and the clutch problem is solved and i even got a heavy duty back wheel and a gallon gas tank for the bike and ever since august the motor runs and fires like a champ and i have had no further problems it seems that i can only get a top speed of 25 mph but thats as fast as i care to go. and the frame seems to be holding up pretty good and vibration is not so bad. hopfully this will hold out for a long long time

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Other then a couple of broken studs I've had no issues at all with my BGF motor either.
Some people say that these "no name" motors are junk but from what I've seen and with my own personal experience it seems like people have more problems with the "brand name" motors then we do.

Maybe he should put a big "BGF" sticker on the clutch cover then these motors would be as good as the others. laff

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
Maybe he should put a big "BGF" sticker on the clutch cover then these motors would be as good as the others. laff
I also had excellent luck with motors purchased from Rick. Reasonable customer service too (accounting for the occasional language barrier). Maybe not a good first choice for rank noobs.

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
This is what i dont get what is a brand name and what is a no name? There's like 4 places in china that make em.

My Z Box 50cc says it was make by.....Zhangjaigang Faygo Union Science Co.Ltd

Is this a no name or is it a brand name and if so who over there sells em?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I don't know if that's a "no name" or a (O.K., I can say this, reallly I can if I try without laughing....wait, here it comes....) "quality" company but I like the name fo'sho'!

There are NO "name brand" engines. They all come from different factories, and are hit or miss quality even from the same factory.

It also has to do with how the container of kits you buy is spec'ed out. You pick an engine size, then you ad components and have choices among those components to chose from, depending on the price you are willing to pay. You can include a descent (once again I'm using relative terms here) throttle or chain tensioner, then also specify a crappy unplated exhaust, ect. They then give you a unit price on what you've specified you want, and the process begins. Once you get your container of goods from China, you have 1200 kits of various quality, and you are a "Dealer" or ebay seller.

I have heard stories of certain sellers going to China and personally wrangling "good engines" and "overseeing the manufactory process", but I would be embarassed to admit that and still sell the same thing everybody else does.

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
I don't know if that's a "no name" or a (O.K., I can say this, reallly I can if I try without laughing....wait, here it comes....) "quality" company but I like the name fo'sho'!

There are NO "name brand" engines. They all come from different factories, and are hit or miss quality even from the same factory.

It also has to do with how the container of kits you buy is spec'ed out. You pick an engine size, then you ad components and have choices among those components to chose from, depending on the price you are willing to pay. You can include a descent (once again I'm using relative terms here) throttle or chain tensioner, then also specify a crappy unplated exhaust, ect. They then give you a unit price on what you've specified you want, and the process begins. Once you get your container of goods from China, you have 1200 kits of various quality, and you are a "Dealer" or ebay seller.

I have heard stories of certain sellers going to China and personally wrangling "good engines" and "overseeing the manufactory process", but I would be embarassed to admit that and still sell the same thing everybody else does.

Yeh its pretty funky aye which bit got you the Zhangjaigang or the Faygo ?

you could say its made by the Faygo Zhang-jai-gang!