bad throttle?? Help

GoldenMotor.com

dirtybird

Aug 26, 2009
asheville
I posted about this problem yesterday (I have a runaway throttle). It does nothing when put together (no adjustment when turned),I have adjusted the damn thing everyway to sunday..it appears to move up and down when you twist the grip when dissassembled..so what gives? I am making sure the pin is going into the hole at bottom too.. It also goes off the charts when you disengage the clutch, so much that I fear blowing the engine. It also is shooting some gas/oil out the exhaust manifold and dripping out the muffler. I am perplexed and pissed. HELP. :-||

bseelbach

Jul 19, 2009
USA
It sound like you already checked that the slide is correct. Confirm by pulling off the carb and as you (or a helper) twist the throttle, look through the intake and you will see the slide move. If not make sure the small locater pin in lined up with the slot. It will go assemble wrong but not work properly and give you the open throttle at all times.

2nd check the idle screw- it may be too far in. Tighten until snug and back off 3.5-4 turns. Tighter is higher idle and loose is lower idle. Don't loosen too much or the screw will vibrate out.

3rd check for kinks.

4th make sure that the adjustment screw on the top of the carb is screwed in. Only use it if you need to take up slack.

dirtybird

Aug 26, 2009
asheville
That was it. The slide was not going all the way into the intake because it wasnt properly seated down the groove. Thank you VERY much! I am going for a test run!dance1